Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:56 AM

Discuss the story in this thread

Hello all,

PROCRASTINATION IS MY ENEMY.

If only I hadn't waited, perhaps this story might have turned out much better. Here is my best ever 24-hour attempt at a Bond story. 13,406 words if anyone's interested.

MattofSteel presents Ian Fleming's JAMES BOND in NO REASON TO DIE

Part I - The Climb
Part II - The Briefing
Part III - The Pleasant Surprise
Part IV - The Discovery
Part V - The Fall
Part V - The End

Enjoy.

#2 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:57 AM

PART I. THE CLIMB.

Two thousand and four hundred feet of waterfall cascaded down the rock face, sending a mist into the morning air along with a dull roar that echoed across Yosemite Valley. The fifth highest waterfall in the world, the tower of water that drops nearly three quarters of a kilometre from crest to trough is higher than the Sears Tower of Chicago and the Eiffel Tower of Paris combined. The sheer cliff face behind and surrounding the falls, having escaped erosion from the stream of water, betray the force possessed by the water. One can often feel the roar of the landmark from various location around the famous American National Park.
That feeling was only amplified for James Bond, clinging to the cliff face twenty metres below the crest of Yosemite

#3 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:00 AM

PART IV. THE DISCOVERY

Night fell on Buenos Aires with surprising quickness, yet the daytime warmth lingered in the air much longer than the light that accompanied it. Bond spent most of the remainder of his day sitting alone in his room, drinking his favourite, the vodka martini, with a fan blowing on him and a television playing softly in the distance. He went through much of the information given to him by Moneypenny, but found much of it to be an uninspiring read.
The first two martinis were ordered fifteen minutes apart; Bond was taking them down at a somewhat casual pace; and they were both horrendous. At first Bond simply decided to stop ordering them, signature provoked him to realize that the mixer was stirring the drinks. He corrected the waiter the next time he entered the room, and the next martini tasted a world better than its predecessors.
Bond was almost fully dressed in his evening where when a knock at the door was followed by the entrance of Julio, also dressed. It was a far cry from Bond

Edited by MattofSteel, 30 January 2005 - 06:35 AM.