5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

Die Another Day's Michael Madesen will be appearing in the ESPN movie "Tilt" sometime in January or February. Looks like it's about gambling, and is set in Las Vegas.

#2 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

To expand upon Johnboy's post here is a synopsis from ESPN:

In January, ESPN will debut its next scripted dramatic series, TILT presented by TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, set at the World Poker Championship. TILT will be aired on Thursday nights beginning January 13 at 9 p.m. ET, with one-hour shows that will explore the drama of high-stakes gambling, as well as the action away from the table where greed and revenge fuel conflict, power plays and deal making.

"The launch of our next drama underscores ESPN's commitment to scripted entertainment," said Mark Shapiro, ESPN executive vice president, programming and production. "Capitalizing on the incredible popularity of poker and PLAYMAKERS, TILT promises to put the audience at the table and into the lives of the characters."

Brian Koppelman and David Levien wrote and will direct the pilot episode. They will also serve as executive producers and write a number of the episodes for the ESPN Original Entertainment series. Koppelman and Levien wrote the screenplay for Runaway Jury, last year's adaptation of the John Grisham novel starring Gene Hackman, John Cusack and Dustin Hoffman, and wrote Rounders, the 1998 film which starred Matt Damon and Edward Norton which also focused on poker. They also wrote and directed Knockaround Guys which starred Barry Pepper, Vin Diesel, John Malkovich and Dennis Hopper.

TILT will take place in Las Vegas in the days leading up to the World Poker Championship. The viewer will see an inside look at this sometimes glamorous and sometimes dangerous world through the eyes of the players. In addition to the competition in cards, the central characters will battle for control, money and fame.

Unquote: Michael Madsen plays a character named "Don 'The Matador' Everest"

#3 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:34 PM

Hmm, looks pretty good. It reminds me that one show, "Lucky", I believe, starring the guy from "Sex and the City". What's his name? Ahh, I'm so bad with names. :)

#4 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 12:58 AM

I really liked "Lucky". :)

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:09 AM

Hmm, sounds like it could be pretty interesting.

#6 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:05 AM

I really liked "Lucky". :)

View Post

Maybe you could start a petition to bring back the show, I know such a thing has worked for a number of other shows.