This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Who's that Sean Connery look-alike?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Civilian_Frank_*

Civilian_Frank_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2001 - 05:28 PM

I was channel surfing on TV and watched parts of a TV-movie called Imogen's Face. The actor playing the character "Ben" looked amazingly like the Sean Connery of "Dr.NO" and "Goldfinger." He also carried himself much the same way as the younger Connery. His name is Richard Lintern. Who is this guy and why hasn't he been mentioned as a candidate to play Bond after Brosnan? This was a British TV-flick from 1988. I have checked his filmography and his more recent pictures are: "Jinnah," "The Calling," "The Cater Street Hangman" and "Nightworld: Lost Souls."

Does anyone (especially among the Britts on this board)know about him? He seemed to be a pretty credible actor too.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 July 2001 - 12:39 AM

I tried looking him up on the net. There's not much. Mostly about some episode of the Highlander series that he did. I couldn't even find any pictures :)

#3 WhitePersian

WhitePersian

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 09:49 PM

Richard Lintern's name definitely rings bells. I'm sure I've seen him in something and thought "possible Bond"' as well.

#4 Civilian_Frank_*

Civilian_Frank_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2001 - 10:48 PM

Check out those movies. His resemblance to Connery is amazing. Although I would recomend a simple cosmetic operation (slight upper eyelid reduction!... Why not for a Bond role?!)

In Imogen's Face there is a scene where he is dressed in all black motorcycle garb. He looks very Bond-like. Also, there are some camera angles in which his facial features were identical to SC. His acting wasn't bad at all either. i think we are on to something here. I wonder if Barbara Broccoli reads this stuff here. She needs to check this guy out.

#5 Civilian_Frank_*

Civilian_Frank_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2001 - 11:35 PM

Any info? anybody? Come on you Britts out there. You MUST have watched this guy in something.....