#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:07 AM

Discuss the story in this thread.

I wrote this story many, many years ago, under the name of 'Fatal' and it was left as a sort of uncompleted idea. Recently I got it out once more and kept it relatively the same as I didn't want to change it much from the original idea. I hope you enjoy this short story.

Also, my most profound thanks to Chris Bennett for his fantastic work on the artwork and for some clever ideas.

Posted Image

Half Past Dread

Wave after wave crashed against the rocky shoreline, disturbing the wind, which quietly played with the autumn leaves. Although if it were not for the sounds of the pounding water, one could almost think as though time was at a standstill, the night appeared to have been frozen in a heartbeat. To the human eye, everything was at rest. The moon shone brightly onto the highly forested floor below, the light penetrating the forest canopy, like fingers poking through a net. Leaving tiny streaks of heaven scattered throughout the trees. The moon hung above it all like like a pompous bird, quietly witnessing the events which were about to unfold.
In the mangled darkness, two figures danced. Not together, but each move affected the other. One slip and either might break the rhythm, yet both kept in time. Despite the early hours, both were ferociously awake. Blood charging through their veins like angry serpents slithering through small tunnels. The darkness, with the exception of the moonlight