3 replies to this topic

#1 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 09:35 AM

It’s the weekend the lights are off, curtains drawn, kids and wife in bed, coffee and ashtray sitting on nestle table the 32inch wide screen TV with surround sound set up. Hit play or enter button on the DVD remote is dependent on the bond film I have selected.
Ah the selection process starts earlier in the evening, mulling it over in my head, its really dependant on how I feel.
Reading the message boards will often inspire a choice, some overlooked feature pointed out by you folks. If I want to reminisce I select Sean / George Bonds a must as it they always bring back fond memories of my childhood. Some selections I associate with time of year for example I always watch OHMSS in the winter, LTK on hot long summer nights and the TLD around my wedding anniversary as this was the bond film I took my wife (she hates them) to see when we started dating.
Once a bond DVD is selected, the choice is whether to watch the special features first or after the movie. I never watch the special features for the Sean/ George Bonds until after the movie. The rest have now become a ritual: LALD through to TSWLM after the film, MR to AVTAK before, TLD after, LTK to TWINE before.
So finally when I start watching the movies I always get a buzz when I see the gun barrel, but at the same time get a little down beat as I really wish to have my own theatre and watch them as they should be watched up on a big silver screen.
I have no doubt that you all have little rituals, be a bit of fun to share them

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 11:30 AM

My selection process takes ages! The few factors I take into consideration is; when as the last time I saw the film? what is being talked about in the forums...

I then, run downstairs, get all the food I need, an amount that can last me through the whole film, drinks aswell...and then press the play button.

I haven't bought the DVD's yet, I'm waiting until Bond20 is released - then I'll but them all. So I haven't got any special features to watch :) What film has the best special features?

#3 OO7Qbranch

OO7Qbranch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 10:52 PM

well today i had to watch the worst and cheapest movie ever.......Jane Eyre. I didnt want to wqtch it i swear but it was during school. Timothy Dalton plays some guy in it and it inspired me to watch tld tonight. see good things come from bad things.

#4 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 10:45 PM

Seeing as I got the whole box set a couple of years back (went up to TND), I think my mum'd be pissed if I went out now and got the same thing she spent over 130quid on, for some extras.

Me, I pul the curtains, micro-wave popcorn, added butter, salt. 2 litres bottles of drink, and get 'the chair', Every house has one spot thats nicer than the other. Isnuggle in (I may have my duvet for extra effect), then settle down, hit play.... I FF through to the bit where the MGM logo comes up. Atmospheric.