25 replies to this topic

#1 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:00 PM

I think EON was a great game! The only flaw was the stealth suit. I mean c'mon invisibility? It sounds a lot like Harry Potter to me. And the grappling hook proved useful, and it was fun but don't you think it was used a bit too much? It made James Bond More Like Mission: Impossible

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

[mra]I agree. I actually have a personal rule never to use the stealth suit. It has made some of the levels very difficult but I

#3 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:51 PM

Though EON did cause James Bond to become "Mission: Impossible" High Tech... I don't think it went overboard at all. It was fun, and I've not enjoyed a game so much as I did EON since GoldenEye for N64.

But on a side note: I rarely used the invisibility suit. I did however really like

#4 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:33 PM

Yes, in the Bond sense it sort of felt like the Matrix because everything was in slow-motion. That proved useful because you could target things much easier than if Bons was in his normal state of mind.

#5 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:55 PM

The slow motion targeting actually annoyed me while in Bond sense. For some reason that effect in The Matrix game and in Max Paine throws me off. I likes the Bond sense because you can see "invisible" lasers, footprints, body heat, etc. :)

#6 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

Hmmm, I suppose you can. I'll have to use that to my advantage.

Tank you Athena :)

#7 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

[mra]I take Bond sense to be

#8 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:07 PM

I know what you mean Evan I do the same thing on EON

#9 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:53 AM

It made James Bond More Like Mission: Impossible

View Post

No way, it made James Bond look like Rambo-Schwartzenegger on acid! This is why I think EoN is a piece of :), it goes way beyond Bond's borders to the point of becoming ridiculous. Since when did Q ever give James Bond motorcycles with rocket launchers? And when was the last time he drove an SUV with missiles? The creators of Everything or Nothing must have been indulging themselves on something really powerful to come up with the whacked-up :) that they did. Hooh-man! :)

#10 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:29 AM

View Post

No way, it made James Bond look like Rambo-Schwartzenegger on acid! This is why I think EoN is a piece of :), it goes way beyond Bond's borders to the point of becoming ridiculous. Since when did Q ever give James Bond motorcycles with rocket launchers? And when was the last time he drove an SUV with missiles? The creators of Everything or Nothing must have been indulging themselves on something really powerful to come up with the whacked-up :) that they did. Hooh-man! :)

View Post

Umm, dude, you know this is a video game :)
While all that stuff would be pushing it in a Bond movie, in a Bond game its bloody fun.

#11 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:21 PM

yea i know EON was fun but the stealth suite stuff was just a bit too unbondkije that's all

#12 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:44 AM

View Post

View Post

Umm, dude, you know this is a video game :)
While all that stuff would be pushing it in a Bond movie, in a Bond game its bloody fun.

View Post

Yeah.

#13 Silver Thumb

Silver Thumb

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:02 PM

exactly, how about a game where bond has to use more of his wits instead of going into a room and turning invisible. Just a gun and a lady would do.... and a good plot.

#14 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:09 PM

exactly, how about a game where bond has to use more of his wits instead of going into a room and turning invisible. Just a gun and a lady would do.... and a good plot.

View Post

Ah, welcome to the CBn Forums Silver Thumb! I hope you enjoy your time here.

#15 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:26 PM

This is my input on EON since I just got it

Everything is good until it gets to Moscow in which all of the levels feel the same in which they become extremely hard. I'm stuck on the last level in which I am getting killed in the giant warehouse in which it seems like unlimited guards keep pouring out. I need some help.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:52 PM

yea i know EON was fun but the stealth suite stuff was just a bit too unbondkije that's all

View Post

Why do you say that?

#17 Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:28 PM

What I didn't like about Everything Or Nothing was where you had to shoot it out with the 100+ guards in that level full of crates, where you have to open the doors and shoot the rocket launcher guard first thing then creep and crawl, gun down some foes and pray you make it to the other side of the room.

And seriously, WTF was up with the enemy having stealth suits? Now that's not only evil that downright cheating. lol.

#18 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:36 AM

When you look at the old Bond works like Goldfinger, I doubt that Ian Fleming would be pleased with what we are doing to his character. Making him like "Rambo Swarzennegger" like one of the previous posts mentioned.

#19 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

Since when did Q ever give James Bond motorcycles with rocket launchers?

Never Say Never Again. :)

I agree, it was a bit silly, but I really, really enjoyed this game. By the time I reached the first motorbike level, I had reached an enjoyment level I haven't experienced since GTA: San Andreas. Brosnan's Bond was hi-tech, so I say let his games be that way. We have a more realistic, gritty Bond with Craig, so he can have all the dark, realistic games he wants and hopefully they'll be even better.

On the subject of the invisibility suit, I never used the thing, I found it to fairly useless. No matter how quiet I tried to be, I always just managed to get shot at, in spite of my invisibility.

#20 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

Everything or Nothing is at no doubt, the best James Bond game to date :cooltongue: I love everything about it, in my opinion, over the top action games with nano bots and rocket firing motorcycles is the most succesfull of Video Games :angry:.

#21 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

The game was/is great. The gadgets are fun (even the sneaking invisible suit, which was stolen from the ninja from MGS), riding a motorcycle with rockets is hectic/fun/cool. Bond sense was useful. All in all, the game is rather stocked! Er...fully loaded.

Though most of it wouldn't have worked in a movie. But it's a videogame.

#22 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

I consider EON to be abit of an arcade no-brainer. I know some people will say "it's a video game" but that doesn't mean it has to be dumbed down. Over-the-top zainy plot (I mean an army of platnum tanks released from an underground base underneath red sqaure? Or something to that effect.) and a shocking set of controls. The auto-targeting feature just took all the fun out of playing a shooter and turned it into a button-masher.

I've complained about this all before so I won't go on about it. I'll just pop on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for an excellent non-linear espionage action game. I look forward to see what Activision does with the franchise.

#23 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

I loved the interactive film thing that EON was going for, with anyluck Activision will do a similar thing except better, for example an interactive Q-Branch would be cool where you could specifically choose what gadgets you have and what car. Obviously they would have to have Daniel Craig lend his likeness and voice to the character for it to work to its full potential as a James Bond game

#24 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

They could try to cut down the action, and bring more espionage/stealth. That would make a better game. Even more so now, that we have Danny Boy'o as James Bond.

#25 chris-o

chris-o

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

The invisible suit was like the Vanquish in DAD!

#26 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

It may be too much for bond right now but with computer skills or advanced technology, you can produce the effect of the nanoo suit and other gadgets.