7 replies to this topic

#1 mtonline

mtonline

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:52 PM

who sees the games as just another bond mission? like another movie, just in our hands? cuz the way they r made now, it sure is like it, its just with the games they can use the stuff that made dad stupid (cgi :) ) without having someone criticies (i prob spelt that wrong, oh well ive been awake for 10 mins :) )it for it (unless they suck).

M_T

#2 mtonline

mtonline

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:22 PM

no one?

M_T

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:32 PM

Well, haven't the Bond games basically been "movies" of a sort and then adapted into a game? Look at GoldenEye 64, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough for example. Others like Agent Under Fire and EoN follow the same route as well. :)

#4 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:49 PM

NightFire... Everything or Nothing... and now Rogue Agent. Ya... totally... they're like little animated Bond movies, I agree. And I rather enjoy them, myself. It's like... you can have Bond do really outrageous stuff in the games that he couldn't do in the movies without just looking stupid. I

#5 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:15 PM

I've always seen them as such, especially those like Nightfire or EON. For this reason, I'm not too keen to see a Bond game that takes 30+ hours to plough through. I thought Nightfire was a good length for a Bond adventure, but it definitely could've used some bonus levels (possibly based on the films). If you're copying the Bond formula, there's only so much filler you can add without it feeling like overkill. Honestly, if you're 10 hours in, and Bond still hasn't figured it out...

But I do hope they return to the kind of replay value that Goldeneye had. The great thing about Goldeneye was that the single player also had a lot of replay value. Nowadays people focus on the MP at the expense of the single player, imo.

#6 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 11:17 AM

I still wanna play a DAD based 007 game, then I wouldn't mind the CGI.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

A Die Another Day based James Bond just seems to be the obvious one for EA to do next. I don't see why they wouldn't as games were created for the previous three James Bond 007 films. I'd love to see what they could do for this one.

#8 Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:30 PM

Seeing that DAD is over two years old I highly doubt it. Besides, I'd rather see an origional idea for a Bond game and no more movie adaptions.