This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Tomorrow Never Dies vs. Agent Under Fire

12 replies to this topic

Poll: Of TND and AUF I prefer.....

Of TND and AUF I prefer.....

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:16 PM

Both of these older James Bond games are on the whole, looked upon as lesser hits. Which of these two games do you prefer to play more? Is there anything that really stands out in either of them that makes them the better game, or on the flip side, the lesser of the two?

#2 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:33 PM

God, I really don't know why people don't like AUF. I would choose AUF over TND any day, it does a great job of adding rich character to the Bond saga, and the composite Bond is pretty cool. I liked all the levels in that game.

Tomorrow Never Dies omitted all the excellent features that made GoldenEye 64 such a great video game, like Multi-player gameplay, a first-person perspective, and a [censored]load of weapons to choose from.

AUF over TND, any day.

#3 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:36 PM

Agent Under Fire is the superior game by far. Tomorrow Never Dies has the most clunky and frustrating controls I have ever seen. The game itself is too short, and there's not really any great levels.

AUF on the other hand is a pretty generic FPS, but I still get entertainment from it. There's nothing really wrong with the game, it could have been longer and more interesting, but I still enjoy playing some of the levels.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:11 AM

I'll side with you both. Tomorrow Never Dies's control is just not there for a good amount of the game, far too much really.

Agent Under Fire is no gem, but it's better.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:13 AM

Poll added.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:17 AM

Good idea, although I'm expecting a landslide now.

#7 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:47 AM

Why compare these two? AUF is way better, but's not even a great game. TND has the worst looking graphics and controls I've ever seen. In fact the very first level of TND, some of the graphics were left unfinished (remember the mountains left green?).

AUF has pretty good graphics, miserable controls, and the story looked like some writers made up while eating pizza or something. It's that crummy.

AUF is much better, but both games didn't contribute to the gaming franchise.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:54 AM

Why compare these two?

View Post

I wanted to see opinions on these lesser talked about games.

#9 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:57 AM

So far AUF leads with 100%. :)

Although I haven't played Rogue Agent yet, I'd definitely say TND is the worst Bond game up to this time. I sometimes wonder how things might have turned out had Eon left the license to Rare. They did an excellent job with GoldenEye. It made a great game, and it stayed very true to the movie as well. This is something EA has failed at. I'd rather they base the future games on the movies, they have plenty of great material so they'd be fools not to.

#10 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:11 AM

Time to give my brief reviews on each:

TND: Mediocre 3rd person shooter with horrible graphics, lack of multiplayer and overall just not good. Only good factor is the music by Sonic Mayhem and Tommy Tallarico.

AUF: Decent FPS, but lacks the Bond "flourish". and Bond vaguely looks like Tim Curry or someone like that.

Give me Nightfire over any other Bond game any day :)

#11 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:17 AM

Bond vaguely looks like Tim Curry or someone like that.

View Post

LOL!

I've never thought of that, but you do have a point. :)

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:05 PM

So far AUF leads with 100%. :)

Although I haven't played Rogue Agent yet, I'd definitely say TND is the worst Bond game up to this time. I sometimes wonder how things might have turned out had Eon left the license to Rare. They did an excellent job with GoldenEye. It made a great game, and it stayed very true to the movie as well. This is something EA has failed at. I'd rather they base the future games on the movies, they have plenty of great material so they'd be fools not to.

View Post

I'll have to compare 007 Racing once more.

#13 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:44 PM

The thing is... TND did not represent any resemblance to the movie except for the Arms Bazaar, The Printing Press and the stealth ship and even those didn't do a good job resembling the movie as GoldenEye did.

1. Bond never skiied in Japan to find Isagura
2. He never went to Switzerland
3. They didn't do the parking garage scene.
4. Nor the motorcycle chase. All they show is Wai Lin running around some village
5. Just a bad game overall