95 replies to this topic

#91 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:37 AM

It's a very good one so far. I've got Moonraker next, and it looks to be just as good as the book was.

#92 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:05 AM

Maybe now that we're going back to Fleming titles, they will finally use RISICO.

And before someone shoot back with the standard "but nobody will know what Risico means, zencat?" ...think about what Octopussy meant before anyone saw the film...or Tomorrow Never Dies (even after seeing the film, I'm still not sure I understand that one. :)).

View Post

Yes, zencat...but as you well know Michael G. Wilson himself has given that very reason as to why they have never used RISICO. Wilson was asked point-blank about the title in an old issue of BONDAGE (from 1987 I believe).

But I agree...I think its a great sounding title.

#93 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:15 AM

Maybe now that we're going back to Fleming titles, they will finally use RISICO.

And before someone shoot back with the standard "but nobody will know what Risico means, zencat?" ...think about what Octopussy meant before anyone saw the film...or Tomorrow Never Dies (even after seeing the film, I'm still not sure I understand that one. :)).

View Post

Yes, zencat...but as you well know Michael G. Wilson himself has given that very reason as to why they have never used RISICO. Wilson was asked point-blank about the title in an old issue of BONDAGE (from 1987 I believe).

View Post

My argument for NOT using Risico as a title has always been that it's not a proper word - even to Italians!

OK, "Octopussy" is downright rediculous, but it's a name of someone and there are some pretty kooky and weird names out there that parents foist upon their poor children. Tomorrow Never Dies may not make sense but at least all three words are actually words.

In any case, LICENCE REVOKED was revoked because "the suits" thought that no one would understand what "revoked" would mean, so how the hell would RISICO get past them this time? "|

#94 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:19 AM

Maybe Red Grant knows the answer to this...how are the sales on these Titan reprints? Are they selling well enough so that they may consider reprinting the whole run?

#95 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:25 AM

Maybe Red Grant knows the answer to this...how are the sales on these Titan reprints? Are they selling well enough so that they may consider reprinting the whole run?

View Post

There lies the rub, I think.

There's probably never going to be enough interest in the general marketplace (certainly not enough just for Bond fans alone) to reprint these any time soon. :)

#96 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

View Post

View Post

Go for it.