14 replies to this topic

#1 DJ

DJ

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 04:49 AM

I just wanted to know how many of us Bond peoples have broken a bone in their lifetime. Obviously the older ones (White Persian and Blofelds Cat) are more likely to do so for two reasons, one is that they have had longer to break them and two is that their bones are much more fragile than us kids (Evil Doctor Cheese).

Personally, I haven't, but when I was 8 years old I fractured my left kneecap, and I also got run over by a quad bike on a beach when I was 9 and I have a huge scar on my right knee. I gained 2 stitches in my head when I fell out of a car when I was 4. I also ran around in the dark when I was 7 and crashed my skull into the corner of a kitchen counter, scarred for life. When I was 11 I ran up a down escalator in "Mall of America" and banged my left kneecap. I couldn't walk properly for three days. At school, when I was 14, I was playing soccer and I toed the ball so hard with my right foot that it swole up and I couldn't fit it into any of my shoes so I couldn't go to school or get out of bed for 4 days. Finally, when I was 3, I was jumping over a tiny brick wall and I didn't jump high enough and ended up scraping my left shin so bad you could see my bone. However, no broken bones. My sister has only had one serious accident, when she was ice skating, and she broke her arm.

#2 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:05 AM

DJ (28 Dec, 2001 04:49 a.m.):
I just wanted to know how many of us Bond peoples have broken a bone in their lifetime. Obviously the older ones (White Persian and Blofelds Cat) are more likely to do so for two reasons, one is that they have had longer to break them and two is that their bones are much more fragile than us kids.

I'll have you know, you young whipper-snapper, that my aged, calcium-depleted bones remain entirely intact!
Some of my internal organs, however, ...

#3 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 12:33 PM

None in my life. But I have fallen ill a few times. Cant remember all of'em but heres what i remember.

Had probs with the lungs, thought it was a cold, stayed on the house 4 for 3 weeks, got so bad had to go to hospital, 3 nights of toilet smell.

Playing footy (National Rugy League-football, 4 u poms/yanks :)) hurt my back, ended up making me uncapable to run. But with Pysio, im able to get there.

Besides that, got my left knee torn off.
Head sliced. yea.

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 28 December 2001 - 12:47 PM

DJ (28 Dec, 2001 04:49 a.m.):
I just wanted to know how many of us Bond peoples have broken a bone in their lifetime. Obviously the older ones (White Persian and Blofelds Cat) are more likely to do so....

You are not bating me, DJ! :)

How diabolical of you to ask such a question!

Where's my rabbit's foot and salt shaker.

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 03:07 PM

I have once had my pinky broken in a sledding accident, but that was when I was just punk fifteen-year-old kid.

#6 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 07:25 PM

I am a very diligent young whipper snapper and can proudly say that I have never broken any of my bones... other people's on the other hand...

#7 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:04 PM

I've yet break a part of me, and thankfully my bones have yet become depleted of calcium :)

It sounds like you've taken a lot of damage during your time, DJ.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 11:00 AM

Thankfully *reaches for some wood* I've never broken any bones. I have smashed a few teeth out though. Oh, I've also been close to bleeding to death.

I've come home a few times covered in blood. Never my blood though!

#9 DJ

DJ

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 10:01 PM

RossMan (28 Dec, 2001 08:04 p.m.):
It sounds like you've taken a lot of damage during your time, DJ.

If you want more, I can give you more. One more, when I was a new born I almost went blind because some idiot of a doctor didn't realise that I had an eye infection. We changed doctors after that, obviously, but I have to wear glasses all the time now thanks to that b***h.

#10 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:22 PM

I can't compete with anything that has been written here.

All I've done is:

Fracture my leg (a hairline fracture, just) when I was just over a year old (I'm to embarrassed to say how I did it).

Break my little finger when I was 13 (playing Basketball).

Had whooping cough when I was 2 years old.

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 31 December 2001 - 12:51 AM

"Some Mothers Do Have Them: The Movie"

Jordan Charter IS Frank Spencer

Coming soon....

#12 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 09:02 PM

I've never broken any bones, fortunately.

I have cracked my head open twice. Once when I tripped and landed head first into the corner of a desk, and again when I slammed into a doorway (seriously).

Once, as I was falling from a tree, a nail got stuck into my rear end and I ended up hanging from the nail face down (mind you there was a cement sidewalk 10 feet beneath my head). I managed to swing myself around and land on my feet.

I was backstage at a musical I was working on once and had to get some stage weights off this cement catwalk/platform that was about 20 or 30 feet above the stage. Anyway I had to hold onto a rope with one hand, and lean off the catwalk and reach for these weights with the other. Well, I ended up slipping off the catwalk with about 35 pounds of stage weights in one hand and the rope in the other. I, for some reason or another, let go of the rope for a split second but was able to grab back on as the catwalk was passing me. I still had the weights in my hand because, had I dropped them, they would have hit the people walking underneath me. So there I was dangling about 25 feet off the ground while everyone below was totally oblivious to the fact that I was dangling above them. Anyway, I managed to get the weights on the catwalk so that I could get both hands on the rope. From there, I began to swing back and forth so I could reach the catwalk. I gained enough momentum that I could jump from the rope and grab onto the railing of the catwalk. I lept and grabbed the catwalk railing and the floor of the catwalk and proceeded to pull myself back over onto the catwalk. The funny thing was that no one knew what was going on above their heads! Looking back on it, it was kind of a Bondian thing I did.

#13 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 07:26 AM

I remembered i put my hand on an Iron when i was about 4. And I cut the power cord to my mums sowing machine, sparks where everywhere! One went through my arm! Everyone was shocked! And amazed for that matter!

(BTW, Zencat I sent u a private message)

#14 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 07:25 AM

I remembered i put my hand on an Iron when i was about 4. And I cut the power cord to my mums sowing machine, sparks where everywhere! One went through my arm! Everyone was shocked! And amazed for that matter!

#15 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 09:38 PM

I've miraculously never broken any of my bones (I say miraculously because if you ever see me in person then you'll know why), but when I was just about 3 or 4, I put my hand on a hot burner, and I also cut my hand with a huge knife at around the same age. My friends break their bones just about every year, but that's because many of 'em are young, athletic whipper-snappers. In fact, one of them broke their wrist when he ran into a door.
No, really. :-D