20 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:17 AM

Firstly, as Editor of CommanderBond.Net now for just under a year I would like, along with all the staff of CommanderBond.Net, to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. May all your dreams and wishes come true. And the best of peace, health and joy to you and yours. Thank you for all your support this year, it's been greatly appreciated.

Australian based artist and CBn fan Phil Cornell, known to those who use the forums as 'White Persian', has recently completed this one of a kind artwork to celebrate Christmas in a James Bond way. For this image, we can't thank him enough.

Posted Image
To View A Larger Version Simply Click On The Image

I urge all Bond fans to take a very close look at "Q's Sack" to see what goodies you can find in there. You'll all be pleasently surprised I assure you!

And please don't forget to visit this thread in the CommanderBond.Net Forums, where we're discussing Christmas and this brilliant image by White Persian. Please leave a message for him! Thank you.

And again, from all the staff at CommanderBond.Net have a Merry and Safe Christmas.

And then Bond remembered. But of course! It was Christmas Eve! God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing ye dismay! Bond's skis hissed an accompaniment as he zigzagged fast down the beautiful snow slope. White Christmas! Well, he's certainly got himself that.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Ian Fleming

#2 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 07:22 PM

Great work, White Persian! :-)

#3 Marianne

Marianne

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:25 PM

Wonderful image White Persian. How long did it take to complete that, and to think up the things in "Q's sack". They are soooo many! Great job.

I finally get some more time off around Christmas and I'll use that to lurk around these Forums and find some good Bond stuff, quite a lot. These boards are great!

I wish you all a Merry Season. See you on the boards soon.

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 25 December 2001 - 06:42 PM

I love it!!! Very good! Blue Eyes, I know you're probably one step ahead of me, but I suggest you pop it in the cartoon comedy section of the fan art. Well done White Persian! Merry Christmas everyone!!

#5 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 25 December 2001 - 12:46 AM

Double-Oh-Zero (24 Dec, 2001 09:49 p.m.):
Just one question:is the girl supposed to resemble anyone in particular?

Not wanting to show favouritism to any of Mr Bond's MANY lady friends, the damsel depicted isn't anyone you'd know. Her name is Brandy Mistletoe.
How come I never found anything like that in a Christmas stocking?
Also, not ALL the Q gadgets are authentic...I couldn't fit an Aston Martin in the sack.

A Very Merry Christmas to all from the White Persian

#6 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 10:57 PM

Blofeld's Cat (25 Dec, 2001 01:23 a.m.):
I'm glad you resisted the urge to use Christmas Jones. :)

I have never had any trouble resisting Christmas Jones.

#7 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 December 2001 - 12:32 AM

Blue Eyes (22 Dec, 2001 04:30 a.m.):
Bit of trivia here. I have the A3 and A4 versions so it's a lot easier for me to see

But look between the Belle Rocket Pack exhaust and Bond's belt from GoldenEye. See that little brown thing that's round? Well it's labelled Fake Nipple :)

How cool!

I was close. Was just looking at the wrong nipple.:)

#8 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 11:45 AM

Wow, that pic is impressive, very detailed, might set that up as my wallpaper I think.

Let me just say that this board rocks, as well made and designed it is, its the members that make it so cool. So many great ideas and different but intreiging views. I can't wait for next year, with Bond 20 creeping closer and finally some real info coming in these are real exciting times. I've been a bit hard on the newer Bond films but I've got a feeling that Bond 20 could very well be the best in years.

I for one can't wait, roll on 2002.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Freemo. :)

#9 Aston-Martin

Aston-Martin

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 December 2001 - 08:42 AM

Awesome pic. I couldn't help but laugh at R's facial expression. :)

Happy holidays everyone!

#10 Rob G

Rob G

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 12:35 PM

Hi Everyone at CBN,

That's a great pic for Christmas.

Rob G.

#11 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 25 December 2001 - 01:58 AM

Yes, I like that name, and as I haven't said it before, I like the picture too.

#12 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 December 2001 - 01:07 PM

White Persian, you are the Van Gogh of Bond fan artists. :)

I take it you're the irresponsible individual that's put silly ideas into Blue Eyes' mind about the bizarre notion that he could be Bond.

I'm trying to check out everything in "Q's Sack", but my eyes keep getting drawn to the nipple poking above the covers. :)

#13 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 10:07 PM

That's a great illustration, White Persian. Did you do the one on Blue Eyes' profile page too? :)

Just wanted to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Happy New Year too. You've all been a pleasure to speak with and get to know over the last month that I've begun posting here.

I look forward to many more 'Bond' discussions...!

#14 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 25 December 2001 - 01:23 AM

White Persian (25 Dec, 2001 12:46 a.m.):

Double-Oh-Zero (24 Dec, 2001 09:49 p.m.):
Just one question:is the girl supposed to resemble anyone in particular?

Not wanting to show favouritism to any of Mr Bond's MANY lady friends, the damsel depicted isn't anyone you'd know. Her name is Brandy Mistletoe.

Brandy Mistletoe! What a great Bond Girl name, White Persian. May be you can develop a persona and history for her.

I'm glad you resisted the urge to use Christmas Jones. :)

#15 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 24 December 2001 - 09:49 PM

Great attention to detail, White Persian.: Just one question:is the girl supposed to resemble anyone in particular?

#16 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 21 December 2001 - 11:50 PM

A very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to everyone here.

Marianne, I'm considering joining your "James Bond Diner Community"
You have no objections, do you?

Dr. Tynan.

#17 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 04:29 AM

Out of interest, would anyone be interested in buying the original? And if so, for how much?

#18 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 December 2001 - 04:30 AM

Bit of trivia here. I have the A3 and A4 versions so it's a lot easier for me to see

But look between the Belle Rocket Pack exhaust and Bond's belt from GoldenEye. See that little brown thing that's round? Well it's labelled Fake Nipple :)

How cool!

#19 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:47 AM

Great work White Persian, it is great! I'm still trying to name all the gadgets - so many!

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and a happy new year, especially looking forward to BOND20!

#20 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 04:01 AM

Beautiful work White Persian !. It's amazing how creative the COMMANDERBOND.net members are.

At the moment we stand poised on the knife edge of 2002...Merry Xmas (Jones) & a very happy 40th Ruby ANNIVERSARY year to every one !!!!.

#21 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:26 AM

Well I must be the firs to reply to this thread.

White Persian, that is the best thing I could imagine. It turned up on my doorstep about 20 minutes ago (Australia Post is working for once!!) and I just put it online. It's amazing piece of work. So thank you.

Everyone else, take a look in Q's Sack for some interesting items. There's one in particular that really made me laugh.