78 replies to this topic

#61 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:24 PM

Am I the only one here who considers THE SPY WHO LOVED ME inferior to THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, and GOLDENEYE inferior to LICENCE TO KILL? :)

View Post

You're living in the crazy backwards bizarro world, Loomy. :)

#62 Bryan Harris

Bryan Harris

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:01 PM

Am I the only one here who considers THE SPY WHO LOVED ME inferior to THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, and GOLDENEYE inferior to LICENCE TO KILL? :)

View Post

Yes, you might just be the only one. I think I understand how you feel, though, because I'm the only person I know of who prefers The Two Jakes to Chinatown. :)

#63 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

[/I][quote name='Peter Franks Is Alive In Vegas' date='1 October 2004 - 06:35']Now where is Moomoo with his I TOLD YOU SO!! response to all this???

Edited by Bon-san, 01 October 2004 - 05:25 PM.

#64 Blythy

Blythy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

I agree with ya loomis :)

although it's been a long time since I saw MWTGG, that I can't comment on it much.

#65 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:33 PM

View Post

Ha! Finally someone who thinks the same I think.

#66 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:46 PM

Yes a longer wait for a new Bond film stinks. And no Athena lets not delay it further to 2007 regardless of its magical numbers.

But what really sucks is now the announcement of who will be Bond can be delayed for much longer--I really hope they don't drag this bloody thing out much longer :) JUST TELL US WHO WILL BE BOND ALREADY!

Edited by Seannery, 01 October 2004 - 06:50 PM.

#67 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:04 PM

But what really sucks is now the announcement of who will be Bond can be delayed for much longer--I really hope they don't drag this bloody thing out much longer :) JUST TELL US WHO WILL BE BOND ALREADY!

But perhaps no one knows who's going to be playing Bond, although even now I wouldn't rule Brosnan out, unless The Powers That Be are determined to do a "Bond Year One"/BATMAN BEGINS-type movie (and there's no evidence to suggest that they're going to do that). I'm sure that one reason for this delay is to give Sony and Eon extra time to decide on a Bond actor.

Had a quick look just now at Absolutely James Bond, and, interestingly (or maybe not), Pierce-B seems to be keeping everyone in suspense with some news about Broz that he says he can't go into for the moment.

#68 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:18 PM

View Post

No, I am with you there.

#69 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:20 PM

View Post

View Post

I'm afraid I must agree with Zencat on that thought Loomis.

*SURPRISE SURPRISE!* :)

#70 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

You know I agree with you on TMWTGG and LTK, Loomis.

#71 JCH

JCH

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:55 PM

View Post

View Post

I'm afraid I must agree with Zencat on that thought Loomis.

*SURPRISE SURPRISE!* :)

View Post

Actually, I can agree with you on TMWTGG, there are a few cringe-worthy moments, but overall the movie isn't that bad and I have always though TSWLM is overrated. But I find Goldeneye far superior to LTK.

#72 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

Okay, I know there is another way to call attention to this site, but the last time I tried to message and notify Commanders of "Bond news" it didn't seem to work too well, so I'm just listing the website here. I'm sorry if I've broken protocol in some fashion. I'm a fairly new recruit.

Just a site with Russia's take on the latest news. I agree with them of course, or I wouldn't be posting it! LOL

http://www.profindpa...10/01/MN413.htm

#73 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:50 PM

But perhaps no one knows who's going to be playing Bond, although even now I wouldn't rule Brosnan out, unless The Powers That Be are determined to do a "Bond Year One"/BATMAN BEGINS-type movie (and there's no evidence to suggest that they're going to do that). I'm sure that one reason for this delay is to give Sony and Eon extra time to decide on a Bond actor.

Had a quick look just now at Absolutely James Bond, and, interestingly (or maybe not), Pierce-B seems to be keeping everyone in suspense with some news about Broz that he says he can't go into for the moment.

View Post

You maybe right about them not making a Bond decision yet but I hope they bloody hurry on deciding already.

Speaking of Pierce-B--isn't it funny that he/she and those with "supposed" connections at mi6 did not tell us of this major announcement ahead of time. Wonder what that means? Could it be they are not as in the know as they portray?

Edited by Seannery, 01 October 2004 - 09:52 PM.

#74 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Okay, I know there is another way to call attention to this site, but the last time I tried to message and notify Commanders of "Bond news" it didn't seem to work too well, so I'm just listing the website here.  I'm sorry if I've broken protocol in some fashion.  I'm a fairly new recruit.

Just a site with Russia's take on the latest news.  I agree with them of course, or I wouldn't be posting it!  LOL

http://www.profindpa...10/01/MN413.htm

View Post

No worry, that's perfectly fine. :)

#75 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:56 PM

[quote name='Qwerty' date='1 October 2004 - 22:51'][quote name='Pussycat' date='1 October 2004 - 17:20']Okay, I know there is another way to call attention to this site, but the last time I tried to message and notify Commanders of "Bond news" it didn't seem to work too well, so I'm just listing the website here.

#76 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

Hey...do I recall you mentioning Bond 21 would be in 2005?

:)

#77 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

You got me there--hell you can't always be right! :)

#78 Goldfinger007

Goldfinger007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:43 PM

Well I am glad that finally we get some news on the Bond 21 situation... news that isn't very surprising but at least we know something...

I hate to have to wait all that long to see a new Bond film :) :) ... but I think it is better if Eon, MGM, and Sony sort themselves out and use the extra year or months to be able to deliver a very good Bond film... :)

#79 Slaezenger

Slaezenger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:58 PM

[quote name='Arrant' date='30 September 2004 - 23:18']
Again I'm with Loomis on this one. I think the fact that Sony have taken one look at the state of play over at Eon and shouted STOP, has got to be a good thing.

It's jumping the gun, I know (hell it's starting to run before the stadium is built) but I think this intervention could signal some serious rethinking of the Bond franchise.

Bond 21 could be a whole new beginning.

...Lord, who really gives a toss? You want a whole new beginning? Find something more productive to do with your attention and time other than BSing about a movie that's two years away. You like books? Try 1 Corinthians 13:11.