This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Your Favourite Bond Game

31 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favourite Bond game?

Your favourite Bond game?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:15 AM

Noticed there wasn't a thread on this topic yet. What is your favourite Bond game, and why?

For me, 007 Nightfire hit the spot. Unlike the other games, I really anticipated this one from the moment it was announced, and after the satisfying Agent Under Fire, I was ready to see more. When I got the PC version of this game in 2002, I was pleased with the single player campaign, minus a few bugs, the lack of Pierce Brosnan's voice, and the excruciatingly long loading sequences I had to put up with. (My computer didn't fully satisfy the needs of the game at the time!) I played a few offline Multiplayer games, but I found this to be the PC version's weak point and the console version's much stronger point. But all in all, Nightfire was a blast, and If EA took that same game, removed the miniature bugs and added some nifty melee weapons, it would be all that I could ever ask for.

(P.S. God bless the Half-Life Game Engine!)

#2 Buck

Buck

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:36 AM

I have Agent Under Fire, Night Fire and Everything or Nothing. It would have to be EoN for me. With Mya, Dafoe, Brosan and the musical score, EA really made an effort to make it like a Bond movie. Also, I felt the gameplay had alot more depth to it.

Buck

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:59 AM

I've added a poll for you, 00-Fan008. :)

Not being a "games person" I hope I haven't left anything out (I gather you're referring to electronic games specifically 00F008).

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:03 AM

GoldenEye.

#5 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:04 PM

Here's my list in order

1. Everything or Nothing PS2
2. GoldenEye 64
3. TWINE 64
4. Nightfire PC
5. Agent Under Fire PS2
6. Nightfire PS2
7. Tommorow Never Dies PSX
8. 007 Racing PSX

Oh yea and I have all of them except EON which I'm hoping to get for Christmas.

#6 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:39 PM

What about the games that are not on the list?

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:05 PM

Oops. Why? What a storyline it has, and for me, it just doesn't get boring.

#8 Goldfinger007

Goldfinger007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:13 AM

I have not played EON yet but my favorite game is still Goldeneye 64.

#9 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:45 AM

I've added a poll for you, 00-Fan008. :)

Not being a "games person" I hope I haven't left anything out (I gather you're referring to electronic games specifically 00F008).

Thanks for the poll, Cat! :)

Impressive! :)

#10 philbowski

philbowski

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:17 PM

Goldeneye is by far my favorite.

#11 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:46 AM

Goldeneye was a great N64 shooter, but it became outdated for me as I progressed farther into the Bond universe.

EA's solution to the perfect Bond game is simple. Remaster the original Goldeneye. See, some of you say, "But 00-Fan008, EA is already doing Rogue Agent! That's Goldeneye to the next level!" So I say, "Yes Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/
Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc, but not everyone want's to play as a Bond villian." Then you reply with "But what about those of us who do?" And I say, "Well, Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/
Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc, then maybe they should include both perspectives into one game so we are all happy? But that shouldn't matter, because we all play multiplayer, and we are not loners with nothing better to do!" And you say... ? Well, what do you say (Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/ Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc)? :)

(P.S. I think I am so funny.)

Edited by 00-FAN008, 29 September 2004 - 04:49 AM.

#12 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:56 AM

GoldenEye 64 for me. Why? It had the biggest impact on me then any other game. I remember when I first rented it out and was playing it with my dad. I was in the vents with my silenced PP7 and shot the wall (I wanted to see what it was like :)) and when we saw the dent, we were stoked!

The single player was involving, but of course the multiplayer reigned supreme. It was something the whole family could get involved in, and we spent many a night duking it out. (often resulting in my dad getting angry after me and my sister thwart him :))

Then the friends would come around and we would make an afternoon out of it. I love this game, so many memories *sighs*.

#13 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:40 AM

for me the world is not enough for playstation is the best

agent under fire comes in second

#14 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:17 AM

TWINE for N-64 comes in first with Goldeneye 64 nipping at it's heels in a close second. Nightfire for PC is third. Not a big fan of Nightfire for GBA. Too Dark.

#15 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:38 PM

Goldeneye.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:57 AM

Goldeneye was a great N64 shooter, but it became outdated for me as I progressed farther into the Bond universe.

EA's solution to the perfect Bond game is simple. Remaster the original Goldeneye. See, some of you say, "But 00-Fan008, EA is already doing Rogue Agent! That's Goldeneye to the next level!" So I say, "Yes Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/
Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc, but not everyone want's to play as a Bond villian." Then you reply with "But what about those of us who do?" And I say, "Well, Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/
Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc, then maybe they should include both perspectives into one game so we are all happy? But that shouldn't matter, because we all play multiplayer, and we are not loners with nothing better to do!" And you say... ? Well, what do you say (Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/ Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc)? :)

(P.S. I think I am so funny.)

That was surprisingly difficult to read. Anyways. I, not Qwerty/Tarl_Cabot/
Mr. Asterix/zencat/Genrewriter/JackChase007/IndyB007/Janus Assassin, etc say that not every single person is going to love, or even like whatever EA puts into a Bond game, so you take it as it comes.

#17 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:52 PM

They should make a 007 Racing game for the consoles again because the one for PSX was just plain horrible. I mean the graphics were bad, the gameplay sucked and I had to cheat myself through the levels because there were a few impossible ones. They should make a new 007 Racing game and make it really fun because I always enjoy playing the driving levels on the consoles.

#18 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:27 PM

Yes I agree TWINE was good on ps1, but I just think the 64 game was better because it seemed a bit more realistic. Although I was disappointed at the number of levels in both versions. Definately not enough of them :).

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:51 PM

Yes I agree TWINE was good on ps1, but I just think the 64 game was better because it seemed a bit more realistic. Although I was disappointed at the number of levels in both versions. Definately not enough of them :).

View Post

I'm quite glad they seem to have gone back to the more levels idea.

#20 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

GoldenEye 64, by far. I have played all of the EA games so far, but like Ice pointed out, they just don't have the memories attached to them like GE64 does.

Probably one of the most replayable games ever made, I think.

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:19 PM

I still play it to this date. I'm sure others do as well. That says something about that grand game.

#22 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:17 AM

GE is a game I can play for hours on end. There are some levels such as Facilty or Bunker #1 in which you can enable cheats and gun down the unlimited guards.

#23 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:44 AM

GE is a game I can play for hours on end. There are some levels such as Facilty or Bunker #1 in which you can enable cheats and gun down the unlimited guards.

View Post

And rack up quite a few stats afterwards. :)

#24 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:58 AM

My choice will always be Goldeneye. I just think how this game revolutionized the gaming industry, and with that evidence, I'm goind with it.

#25 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:56 AM

View Post

View Post

Exactly.... over 20000 shots fired. 1000 men killed. Time 2 hours and 6 mins. Mission Failed

#26 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:06 AM

I've been thinking on it, and to be honest, the greatest Bond game has yet to come.

NO, Rogue Agent does NOT count. It is not a BOND game.

#27 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:12 AM

View Post

View Post

Exactly.... over 20000 shots fired. 1000 men killed. Time 2 hours and 6 mins. Mission Failed

View Post

They keep coming, and coming, and coming...

#28 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:27 PM

Well come on, no one said you had to complete the missions. The coolest thing about GE and TWINE is that when you cheat, you don't advance in the level and you can't cheat a new level.

#29 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:05 AM

Everything or Nothing is my favorite because of the gameplay and the style of the third-person shooter, but Goldeneye is a classic I love that game so much. I wish I still had my N64 and those games but they were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina, but maybe I'll get another one. I really wish they would just put Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough on the Wii. I've been a James Bond fan for so long I would say not to long before Goldeneye came out on the 64 and I've been buying the games every since.

So my list is:

Everything or Nothing PS2
Goldeneye N64
The World is Not Enough N64
NightFire PS2
Agent Under Fire PS2
Tommorow Never Dies ps
Goldeneye: Rouge Agent Xbox

*I have only played one level of FRWL but I'm pretty sure I would put it under Goldeneye

#30 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:58 AM

View Post

And rack up quite a few stats afterwards. :cooltongue:

View Post

View Post

They keep coming, and coming, and coming...

I remember doing this a lot a few years ago. I would put on Invincibility and Infinite Ammo, then go to the Facility, kill Trevelyan and take his gun, then shoot the unlimited guards for as long as I felt like it. I forget my old record but it was definately up there. :angry:

As for my favorite game, I'd say GoldenEye overall, although I much prefer the multiplayer in The World Is Not Enough. Everything Or Nothing follows close behind those two, although in this case I feel the multiplayer in Nightfire is much better.