8 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 05:43 PM

Thank God the site is back up. I was needing my fix of the forum. Especially when the speculation is that today may be the day that EON announces the title of Bond 20.

I don't know what you guys were up to, but I wanted you to know as a part time programmer, I feel your pain. Keep up the good work.

I also want to let you guys know that the site wouldn't let me get anywhere besides the index until I cleared my CBN cookies.

#2 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 10:58 PM

Thank God for that!

#3 Greg

Greg

Quartermaster

• The Admiralty
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 09:29 PM

Sorry, it was my fault. I was reinstalling the server so that it worked with the new motherboard (the mail server kept hanging every once in a while -- as near as I could tell it was compatibility problems). The actual maintenance took only a couple of hours but the DNS server failed overnight and defaulted to the "undergoing maintenance" message.

It's all back up now and it should be a bit faster as well.

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 24 November 2001 - 02:54 AM

zencat (22 Nov, 2001 06:26 p.m.):
Traditionally the first week of December has been the time Eon announces big news, and I expect big news! FYI: Roger Moore's retirement from the series was announced on my 21st birthday -- Dec. 3, 1985.

It was a sad passing of a truly halcyon era. :)

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 08:32 PM

Well it's great to hear that you guys missed us :) I did to. To tell you the truth, I have no idea what happened. I spent a whole day trying to get onto the site. Then it only let me into the news page. So I posted some news and hung my head because the site was down :'(

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 06:26 PM

Ditto. I had to spend yesterday over at the Cinescape boards (the old 007Forever site). I started the day by calling them a bunch of "jerks"...from there it got ugly.

I know you're counting on the Nov. 22 date, Mister Asterix, but I don't expect we'll hear anything until the first week of December. Especially with today (the 22nd) being Thanksgiving, and the Harry Potter machine stomping on all entertainment news at the moment. Traditionally the first week of December has been the time Eon announces big news, and I expect big news! FYI: Roger Moore's retirement from the series was announced on my 21st birthday -- Dec. 3, 1985.

#7 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 02:45 AM

As I said Greg, I feel your pain.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 05:35 AM

Never fear James. It's back up, that's the important thing :)

#9 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 24 November 2001 - 03:30 PM

Oh well, Most of the Time Change is good...hey we got brossie!