17 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 May 2001 - 10:32 PM

Has anyone else noticed that people (the same person) pop up in a few films. If you actually notice them you'll wonder who the hell they are! I still don't know!

This is what I mean:

In Goldeneye, we know that Michael G Wilson appears in the Russian Defense building in the room with Dimitri Mishkin, when Ouromov says he wants to resign. Wilson is on Ouromov's left, the second closest to him. Wilson also appears in TND, when Carver calls up his "News people" and Carver tells one of them to show a video tape of the President and a cheer leader or something, and Wilson says "Consider him slimed".

This is one example. However, from what I can remember, and from recently watching FYEO, someone else, in some of Roger Moore's films appears now and then.

In Moonraker, when Bond has just finished a chase, he drives his Bondola through St Marks square, we see a man who looks totally gobsmacked at the sight of the Bondola. You know when you see the sailor man, well, after that we see the back of Bond's head, and then we see a man look at a bottle of wine. That's the man! Now remember his face, now look at FYEO. When Bond is being chased through the forest on ski's, when he comes crashing down on the table in front of all the diners, and smashes through the fence on the balcony, you see a man un up to the fence and look over holding I think it was a glass. That is the same man!

Now, I'm not sure if he is in any other of the films, but who the hell is he? Does anyone know? Please tell me!

#2 The Mastermind III

The Mastermind III

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2001 - 02:21 AM

A couple more Wilson cameos:

Played a Greek Priest in For Your eyes Only. He's in the scene where Bond goes in the confessional. A couple of seconds earlier you can spot him.

And he's one of tourists helping Bond onto the tour boat when he was escaping Kamal in Octopussy.

#3 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 May 2001 - 05:20 AM

That guy who pops up in Moonraker and that other one- why is he holdin bottles of wine, and glasses?? Is it some kind of personal joke???

Wouldn't it be funny if JB got drunk??

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 May 2001 - 08:11 AM

NJ (29 May, 2001 06:20 a.m.):
Wouldn't it be funny if JB got drunk??

I doubt he would. He's too professional. I think it's mentioned somewhere in one of the books.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 May 2001 - 11:27 AM

No, he wasn't. Bond slept with May Day to save his own :)! The things we do for England...

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 May 2001 - 05:48 PM

I can't imagine him being drunk! James Bond and alcohol?? He can take it, all those Martini's he's had, and we've never seen him drunk! I never want to see him drunk, it'll make him look weak. It would show that alcohol can get the better of him! no!

#7 The Mastermind III

The Mastermind III

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 May 2001 - 07:31 AM

Don't tell me JB wasn't drunk when he slept with Mayday?!!

#8 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 06:22 PM

Those tiny little details are so funny. Did you saw TSWLM? During the battle at Stromberg's ship, a certain captain is helping Comander Bond. He goes first up the stairs, but he is being killed. Then......watch Moonraker! During the opening sequence we see this same youngster again piloting the Boeing 747.

There's is also the man from the pipeline observatory in TLD. This man is grapped by Rosika Miklos, and...he likes it. But that same man also appeared in Octopussy!

I also recall a grey-haired man in an orange overall in Stromberg's ship (TSWLM). I must watch TSWLM again to tell you more about this man. But I'm sure he appeared in more Bond movies.

Can you recall any more funny roles?

#9 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 06:29 PM

So - he wasn't anyone that important at all?

#10 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 06:34 PM

This guy your talking about is in TSWLM, MOONRAKER and FYEO. His name is 'Victor Tourjansky' and he's an Italian Assistant director. It was Lewis Gilberts idea and he did it as a favour. As for Michael G.Wilson he apparently has a cameo role in every film since TSWLM I Think. He's also in Goldfinger as one of Pussy Galores Korean assistants and doubles bond at some point. I'm still trying to find his other cameos though. One I think I know is in LTK. You don't actually see him but you hear him say 'If they hurry, they might just be able to grab the b******'. That's in the pre-title sequence

#11 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 06:38 PM

Something I forgot to mention is that apparently Maud Adams was in San Francisco during filming of AVTAK. She says that shes in the background but I can't find her.

#12 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 06:41 PM

Thank's Mr Moon - that helps me a lot! I was really wondering who the hell this guy was!

#13 The Mastermind III

The Mastermind III

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 05:36 PM

Some other person said you can see her in the background with her then real life lover when Bond is talking to Chuck Lee.

#14 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 June 2001 - 04:06 AM

That's the first I've heard of the lover.

#15 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 02:39 AM

From memory (cause I have seen it at some stage) she has ultra short red hair. But I could be mistaken.

#16 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 11:30 AM

You're absolutely right Dave! That is the same guy!! And he's in another film!

Watch The Spy Who Loved Me. Go to the end of the underwater car sequence as the car comes out on the beech (The Lotus). There's the same guy, with a bottle of wine, looking gobsmacked!!

Story gos that people thought it was so funny having him looking so strange at it that the producers brought him back for subsequent films!

#17 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 08:06 PM

I still can't find maud adams in AVTAK. Bond doesn't get on a tram he only gets off

#18 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 May 2001 - 08:09 AM

Wow that's a hell of a back detail Mr Moon. Didn't know all that :)

Maud Adams is in A View To A Kill. Go to San Francisco when Bond get's on the tram. She's sitting behind him. Roger Moore secured that cameo because she came and visited him on set.