2 replies to this topic

#1 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 07:16 PM

I've heard an interesting pronouncement about Bond some time ago... but I can't remember who said it.

"Sean Connery was Sean Connery in the role of James Bond.
"Roger Moore was Roger Moore in the role of James Bond.
Pierce Brosnan is Pierce Brosnan in the role of James Bond.
George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton were James Bond."

What do you think of that statement? Beeing honest, I like it very much. I think a lot of truth is inside of it. Especially I like the Lazenby and both of Daltons Bond films... :)

Any comments?

Regards,

#2 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 09:37 PM

I agree with it to a point now I think about it. But then we don't know much about Lazenby's personality... he didn't do that many films for us to get to know him in or out of Bond... perhaps that WAS Lazemby playing Lazenby. Dalton is the best actor of the lot (even though Connery is the only on to win an Oscar). He PLAYED the part. But perhaps this isn't the best way to approach Bond... I prefer Pierce playing Pierce playing Bond and Connery playing Connery playing Bond to Dalton's interpretation any day!

#3 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 01:15 AM

Basically Connery played Bond his own way, Lazenby looked like Bond to me. Moore. . .well I cry everytime I watch one of his seven. Dalton said he reread the Fleming books and I like his Bond, Pierce is the same as Connery, plays his own Bond.