6 replies to this topic

#1 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:26 AM

Agent Under Fire- A colourful characature on the James Bond universe.

Nightfire- The cinematic extravaganza of James Bond, bringing elements and snippets from all the films into one.

Everything Or Nothing- An action packed, highly modernized look at the James Bond universe.

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent- A villian's point-of-view in the James Bond universe.

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:29 AM

Agent Under Fire: Starting off once more, never really 'hitting the spot.'

NightFire: Classic Bond. Definitely film styled.

Everything or Nothing: Film styled once more, more than NightFire.

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent: Well we'll just see, won't we.

#3 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:44 AM

Everything or Nothing: Film styled once more, more than NightFire.

I wouldn't say that. Sure, Bond drives motorcycles and helicopters and all that jazz, but he never gets those kind of vehicles from Q. And he doesn't shoot rockets from motorbikes. I can have an easier time picturing an actor like Sean Connery as the role of James Bond in Nightfire, but that's not the case with Everything Or Nothing. The thing about the Bond movies is keeping in touch with the past. I like to picture the previous actors from the saga taking the place of the present actors, like Brosnan. But that wasn't the case with Everything Or Nothing.

And the dialogue in Nightfire was much better. I loved that scene with James Bond on the skyscraper, while Drake is eating caviar. So Bond. :)

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent: Well we'll just see, won't we.

Agreed. :) We'll just have to wait and see...

Edited by 00-FAN008, 30 August 2004 - 05:46 AM.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:51 AM

I have to disagree on the points of EoN. It just felt right to me. Although I do enjoy NightFire too, as you mention it.

#5 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:58 AM

I have to disagree on the points of EoN. It just felt right to me. Although I do enjoy NightFire too, as you mention it.

Yeah, Nightfire was a great game. The multiplayer was so fun, I could play it for hours. I can only hope that Rogue Agent multiplayer is wicked fun as well! :)

And the other day, when I played Goldeneye multiplayer deathmatch, that was a blast as well. Rogue Agent should be something like that, I would hope. :)

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:59 AM

We'll definitely see. I've played GoldenEye 64 lately as well, still enjoyable after all this time.

#7 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:40 AM

everything or nothing comes off as a fantastic bond film inside a video game, it has all the elements that make james bond's world so appealing. nightfire was very good (computer version was better) and Agent under fire was very good...i still love to play it, even today but eon was the game i had been waiting for and i got my wish

since it may be the last pierce brosnan outing that we see i cherish it even more