#31 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

Bond Bug,

You'd make a hell of a Lawyer you know that :) Good points all around about Jackman. Very convincing argument, all I have to go on Owen is what I've seen, I have no idea how he would promote a film or not. If he, as you say would find it a bother, than perhaps he is not the one they would go with.

Qwerty,

I don't mean well into it as far as filming is concerned, but I believe they may be well into post production. Hell they probably have Peter Lamont designing sets as we speak.

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:07 PM

Qwerty,

I don't mean well into it as far as filming is concerned, but I believe they may be well into post production. Hell they probably have Peter Lamont designing sets as we speak.

I'm assuming pre-production is what you meant. :)

That'd be a nice surprise to hear they are that far along.

#33 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken, they could do preproduction without any kind of cast no? And they can cast Bond girls without a Bond (they've done it before with Salmon). The only way preproduction would be impossible would be if they didnt have a director yet, which kind of pokes a hole in my theory.

#34 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

If I'm not mistaken, they could do preproduction without any kind of cast no? And they can cast Bond girls without a Bond (they've done it before with Salmon). The only way preproduction would be impossible would be if they didnt have a director yet, which kind of pokes a hole in my theory.

Yes, they can do many things in pre-production without certain cast members, I'd believe.

#35 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

In fact, wasnt it a Moore Bond (back when he was quitting before every film) where they started filming without a Bond in place? Octopussy maybe?

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

In fact, wasnt it a Moore Bond (back when he was quitting before every film) where they started filming without a Bond in place? Octopussy maybe?

That could very well be the case. Since Roger Moore did play that game after Moonraker and onwards of is he coming back, or isn't he.

#37 Goldfinger007

Goldfinger007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:02 PM

Some things I have to get off my chest.

All this lack of information and official news is worrying me. :)

Why doesn't Eon say anything? Their silence could mean anything. They could very well have decided who their next James Bond is. But, if Pierce Brosnan is going to be in Bond 21, why haven't they denied the rumours once and for all? That way the media would stop "inventing" the next James Bond. So, does this mean that Pierce is still in? It could even mean that Pierce is going to be in Bond 21 but Eon already have a new James Bond for the next movie. And when they give the official announcement they will say just that.

However, the fact that almost every Bond "candidate" has denied the fact that they were approached by Eon could mean that Pierce is still Bond and Eon is going to wait another 2 years to start looking for a new James Bond. Or has Eon talked to come other "candidate" we don't know? (Although I remember Pierce saying that Owen had talked with Eon)

Besides, the media is the one who is "inventing" all these sort of rumours on the new James Bond after Pierce said he was no longer Bond in EW, when we don't really know if that article had some truth in it. Probably Eon is not saying anything because they know that those are just rumours and that Pierce will be back.
So, its probably all the medias fault. Who knows.

Still keeping my hopes up that PIerce will be back. :)

Hopefully we will have all of those answers soon.

Edited by Goldfinger007, 25 August 2004 - 10:05 PM.