4 replies to this topic

#1 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 10:29 PM

I am so excited about the new Bond movie. I can only wonder what the James Bond ratings will be. I want them to stay at PG-13 or lower. I seldom am allowed to see R rated movies.

#2 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 16 January 2002 - 02:54 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being obnoxious, but I have to disagree, I'd love it if the next Bond movie was a Uk 15 or 18. (I don't know what the equivalent is in other nations).

I think the Bonds should be a lot tougher. I always expected the Bond film makers would try to top LTK for it's brutality and I often wondered how they would do this.

#3 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 04:05 AM

As soon as I'm old enoug to see an R rated movie, it won't matter to me what they do, until then, they'd better keep things at how they do now.

For a meaner, rougher, violent Bond, we always have the novels to turn to.

#4 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 10:58 PM

I'm sure the producers will go for a PG-13, even if the first cut is R. They will trim it. They dont want to alienate one of thier core audiences.

#5 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 11:28 PM

I agree, Jimmy. Bond films have always been "watchable" for any audience - the old, the young, and especially the male population (:)). To have an R rating would seriously disrupt this tradition, not to mention exclude what is no doubt a growing youth fanbase.