6 replies to this topic

#1 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 01:50 AM

How many allies has Bond had, but soon after lost because his meeting with them has lead to their deah? Quite a lot when you think about it. here's a list of them.....
Quarrel (Dr No - killed by 'dragon')
Kerim Bey (FRWL - killed by Red Grant)
Henderson (YOLT - killed by an unknown assassin)
Vijay (Octopussy - killed by Gobinda and his men, although we don't get to see it happen)
Sir Godfrey Tibbet (AVTAK - strangled by Mayday at the car wash)
Chuck Lee (AVTAK - strangled by Mayday when leaving in his car from Stacey's house)
Saunders (TLD - killed by Necros at the fairgruond when the door is operated to squash him)
Sharkey (LTK - killed by one of Crest's men)
Della Leiter ( LTK - [could be argued against] killed by Dario in her own home)
Kwang (LTA - [could also be argued against as he was not totally an ally of Bond's] killed when Sanchez partly blows up building)
Dimitri Mishkin (GE - killed when Ourumov shots him with Bonds gun in interrogation room)
Zukovsky (TWINE - [could be argued as some believe 'M' may have heped him after going down the stairs] shot by Electra when he asks for the captain's hat)
Sir Robert King (TWINE [could be argued as he does not really for a frendship with him] killed by the lepel pin which as dipped in urea and set off the magnesium strip on the money)

Others could include Felix Leiter, although he is not dead, just armless and legless!
Some villians who haveturned to his side and soo died would include Mayday and possibly Jaws

#2 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 02:17 AM

Also, Paris Carver could be considered an ally( ??? ), since she told Bond the location of the secret laboratory, and she was killed by Dr. Kaufman.

#3 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 31 December 2001 - 02:13 AM

I'm sure you know this, but that's all very deliberate. It's part of the "formula".

These people are known as the "Obligatory Sacrificial Lambs" (in every Bond movie, at least one goodie has to be killed by the baddies).

At least, I think that's how it goes.

#4 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 02:01 AM

Evil Doctor Cheese (01 Jan, 2002 08:53 p.m.):
Chrustmas Jones

I sure hope this was intentional because it really made me laugh.

I prefer him to be a "lone wolf". Although Wai Linn and Natalya were very intelligent he really doesn't need them to be at his side all the time (he especially doesn't need Christmas Jones). I prefer him when he meets these allies and then gets on with the job!!

Agreed. The only one of those three that I actually like is Natalya - she was sexy, useful, etc. Bond could save a lot of time if he didn't have to go hunt for the girl that got captured.

#5 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 08:53 PM

I don't like it when Bond suddenly gets someone to help him tagging along like Chrustmas Jones, Wai Linn and Natalya... I don't see the point... I prefer him to be a "lone wolf". Although Wai Linn and Natalya were very intelligent he really doesn't need them to be at his side all the time (he especially doesn't need Christmas Jones). I prefer him when he meets these allies and then gets on with the job!!

#6 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 09:00 PM

No wonder Bond is such a "lone wolf"!
Being Bond's buddy is a serious health hazard.

#7 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 02:49 AM

One of my favorite allies is Columbo (Topol rocks!) from "For Your Eyes Only." I would have liked to see him come back, but I think it's probably for the best that he didn't. They might have ruined the character in future outings, and I don't know how they would have used him in later films.