This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

CRHow should it all develop in the future?

1 reply to this topic

#1 piotr007

piotr007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 08:52 PM

I always (and I'm sure that many agree with me) though that in the Bond world Bond, THE CHARACTER, is most important. The other aspects, like girls, villains and so one are less important.

While watching the recent bondfilms I noticed that nowadays much more emphasis in put on Bond's psyche. But MAYBE it's still not enough. In TWINE we saw Bond killing a person he loved - that was something new. But... whats next? I think that 007's kind of psychical illness (don't misunderstand me! I'm not saying that a guy is a psycho) should progress, i. e. in the next adventure he may not be able to kill a girl, who, for instance, was involved in killing his friend, because he loves her.

Yes, in my opinion Bond's character should develop more dynamically than let's say, in the films to date.

Tell me what do you think.

#2 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 09:44 PM

This situation could easily be developed into the situation that Fleming explored in YOLT - Bond suffers a nervous breakdown after being responsible for the death of someone he loved. His work suffers. What do you do with a trained killer on your hands who has become unstable. Sir James Molony could link Bond's reaction to Elektra's death with Tracy's unresolved death. 'M' stands up to ministery pressure to put Bond out to pasture, and we could then get some sort of Shatterhand scenario, as Bond faces his own demons and overcomes them.
If EON now has the rights, I'd love to see Blofeld return, played by someone like Patrick Stewart or Ben Kingsley, with enough acting chops and credibility to overcome the "Dr Evil" factor. [The Nehru jackets might have to go, though.]