Pierce will do 7 Bond films altogether

16 replies to this topic

#1 bondgirl

bondgirl

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2001 - 12:39 PM

Pierce Brosnan announced last year to Empire online that he will do 7 Bond films altogether.

He is not quitting the role after Bond 20.

He loves playing Bond and he is not tired of the role.

It is his dream role. It doesn't matter how well his other films do at the box office. He is still dedicated and committed to Bond.

#2 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 April 2001 - 05:23 PM

I'd love to see Brosnan carry on as Bond because I think he's the best Bond out of the lot, but by the seventh movie he may be a bit old like Roger Moore was in his last couple of movies.

#3 francis

francis

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 10:38 AM

Pierce is looking old now...he's pushing his luck doing another movie.I hope that will be his last.

#4 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 11:31 AM

Let's not forget that Fleming's Bond is a *veteran*, so a 50 year old actor playing the part is spot on.

Also, Brosnan is ageing considerably better than Connery or Moore and could probably play Bond into 2011.

But with MGM's takings dwindling and their ever increasing reliance on the Bond franchise to bring home the bacon, I think we can safely say that the 3-year gaps between movies after Bond 20 is over.

Whether this will put Brosnan off doing Bond 21 we shall have to wait and see. but he was so passionate about landing he role, I can't see him throwing it away in order to make some second rate movies (Blood and Champagne, Tailor of Panama, Grey Owl etc)...

#5 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 09:36 PM

As much as I love Brosnan as James Bond, there is not a chance that he could be still playing Bond in the year 2011. And I read some where that Flemings Bond was in his mid-thirties. But looking at Roger Moore and Sean Connery Pierce Brosnan could go on and do another one or maybe two movies after the 20th James Bond movie.

If they did start doing the Bond movies more often I think that it would put Brosnan off because he has said that it is hard work doing the Bond movies and prefares to have a bigger gap between movies instead of doing them every 18 months.

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 March 2001 - 01:03 PM

I agree, I odn't want him to leave, and he said in a documentry that he was comfortable with the role, and that he loved it.

Let's hope he stays to do quite few more films.

Posted Image

#7 bondgirl

bondgirl

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2001 - 01:15 PM

I recently saw a documetary about the Bond films on American Movie Classics.

Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Brocolli both said that Pierce is interested in continuing the role after Bond 20. They said they will not have to hire a new Bond until 2014.

He wants to do 7 in all. So since the films are going to every three years, that would make his 7th one in 2011.

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 March 2001 - 01:19 PM

I'm not sure of his age, but won't he be too old to portray Bond in 2011?

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 March 2001 - 10:12 PM

Old! Hell yes!!!

He'll be practically 60, in fact I think from memory he will turn 60 in 2011.

Roger Moore stayed that long though!

#10 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 07:44 AM

Not a chance that Pierce will do 7 Bond films. He will do 5 at most. He will turn 50 or 51 before Bond 21 opens. Maybe he can pull off a 6th Bond film, but that may be pushing it.

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 07:55 AM

Very true B5Erik but remember how old Roger Moore was in AVTAK. That proves anything is possible!

#12 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

Let's hope that he makes more films, but that he doesn't look the 60 years that he'll be!

#13 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

Let's hope that he makes more films, but that he doesn't look the 60 years that he'll be!

#14 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 10:05 PM

Brosnan is an amazing bond and always will be no matter how many films he does. The problem is the matter of a new bond. The fact that brosnan has pushed the character the way he has means its gonna be one hell of a job for his predecessor to surpass him. Its gonna be a bloody gamble

#15 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 10:27 PM

True. He has made a true Bond, and he has got the right ideas of how to portray the character. He is becoming my best Bond actor, or in fact, he may already be my fav. actor. Sean Connery was, but now I think Brosnan is doing better. It will be very impossible for anyone to beat his standard. So will that mean that when Brosnan leaves, we'll end up getting loads of rubbish films?

#16 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 March 2001 - 10:50 PM

I can't see EON turning out rubbish films whatever happens but I fear maybe the fanbase may consist mainly of the die-hard fans like us who will appreciate the standard whatever. With the mainstream audience which seems to have been encapsulated, losing touch. MM

#17 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 March 2001 - 05:51 PM

Actually, Brosnan was born in '53, so he'll be 58 in 2011. Moore was 57 when A View to a Kill was released, and he (in my opinion) definitely looked rather old and probably should've retired earlier.