Pierce as Bond after Bond 20

5 replies to this topic

#1 mar

mar

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2001 - 11:52 PM

Personally, I think Pierce will be back as Bond after Bond 20.

He never said that he wanted to leave the role after Bond 20. He didn't know if they would ask him back after Bond 20.

He said when he received the award from Empire Magazine for Best Actor in an action adventure for "The World Is Not Enough" that "it's been a great ride doing Bond, and long may it last." His Bond double, Douglas James has also said that Pierce wants to do seven Bonds in all to match Sean and Roger's total number of films and become the definitive Bond.

I really do not think he is going to hang it up after Bond 20. I think Samantha Bond is jumping the gun on making that announcement.

Pierce said in the August 1999 interview with US magazine that he wants to play Bond until he is too old to drive.

He loves playing Bond, and he will not be tired of him after Bond 20.

#2 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 06:15 AM

I agree. Brosnan is having a great time playing 007. He liked doing TWINE but hated doing TND. As long as Bond 20's script keeps him excited I reckon he'll keep playing 007 for a reasonable time yet.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the news guys, watch the site tomorrow sometime as I'll be posting it!! :) There's some Bond 20 news to post right now so I wouldn't want to rush it all at once :)

#4 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 05:02 PM

I would love it if Brosnan did 5 or 6 Bond movies because I think he is the best Bond ever but I just can't see him carrying on with the role after the next Bond movie.

#5 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 05:27 PM

I don't know how much stock we can put into the say of the stunt double of Miss Moneypenny, but so far the only 'official' words we've heard from Brosnan are "long may it last". That seems pretty clear to me.

Dave

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 03:28 AM

Hi guys! Yes after my long delay (I'm really sorry about that) I've posted the news on the main site. Don't forget to go see it Marie as you're name is posted in the article :)

I've also linked this thread so please get discussiing Brosnan after Bond 20! Do people actually want him?