Athena - Nice to have met ya!

17 replies to this topic

#1 DaylonXGP

DaylonXGP

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 03:02 PM

Hey Athena...I didn't know where to put this so I dropped it in General..

It's Daylon from the community day event this past Thur/Friday. I told ya I'd stop by the site and well I did :)

It was really fun kickin' it at EALA with you and the others....too bad you didn't make it to the final round of the multiplayer tournament like myself and Jarrett did :)

And I DID beat him..they didn't count my death trap kills lol

Anyway, take care and I hope ya stop by XGP Gaming some time. :)

Oh and wazzzup to all the Bond fans! :)

#2 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

Hey hey... I just found this thread :)

The GoldenEye Rogue Agent Day at EA was stellar. Oh and if we would have been playing on the X-Box platform I would have whipped you :) But serriously... the whole Electronic Arts Los Angeles event was awesome! EA really outdid themselves. I can't wait to get all the pictures back from them from the event! It was great meeting you and the rest of the guys who came to the event... hopfully there will be another event like this again!

Oh and I deffinatly did and will visit XGP Gaming! Great layout and all.

#3 DaylonXGP

DaylonXGP

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:51 PM

you wish !! the results would've been the same if we had played the Xbox version lol...i'm amazed that i lasted so long on a PS2 controller lol

and thanks for checking it out :) i designed it all myself (still a rookie but learning as I go)

i just revamped the forum layouts to change when you click on an Xbox forum and PS2 forums :) i'm learning lol

I see you have Bond everywhere just like you said :)

if i ever need some Bond info..i know where to go :)

do you think EA will send us an early copy of Rogue Agent?

#4 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

you wish !! the results would've been the same if we had played the Xbox version lol...i'm amazed that i lasted so long on a PS2 controller lol

I seem to do 1000% better on the XBox controller than on any other controller... I may not have beat your socks off, but I would have giving you a run for your money :)

and thanks for checking it out :)  i designed it all myself (still a rookie but learning as I go) i just revamped the forum layouts to change when you click on an Xbox forum and PS2 forums :)  i'm learning lol

We're always learning, that's the best part. I've got your site bookmarked and will defiantly be visiting, especially for my XBox fix. And I'll check the forums out when I get a chance as well... it looks great!

I see you have Bond everywhere just like you said :)
if i ever need some Bond info..i know where to go :)

CBn

#5 DaylonXGP

DaylonXGP

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:40 PM

well they better pull something lol...i'll talk to Jon about it :)

and i'm the same way with the Xbox controller..i dominate with it..but other controllers i suck with lol

#6 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:07 AM

Hey you two this is a little off the subject and a little on.....

My son is asking for an X-Box for his birthday.....do you think it is the best out there for the price or will please just give me your opinions on it to other video gaming technology? :)

Lady M

#7 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

No worries, this whole subject is off topic :)

The X-Box is to other gaming systems as a Mac is to a PC. There's some higher technology running through the X-Box. It is a gaming system, per-say but... it's the only gaming system that actually is a computer. There are more games on the Playstation2, but when things come down to it

#8 DaylonXGP

DaylonXGP

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:58 PM

well to be honest if the system is for your son, then I'd go with a PS2..more games in a 'kid' variety for ya...I'm an Xbox head but all systems have their positives and negatives.

#9 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:05 PM

You may want to find out what games he's eyeballing that's making him want an XBox because there could be a game that he wants really badly that's only on XBox and that's why he wants one.

Like me, I bought my X-Box just because of "Dead or Alive 3" :)

#10 DaylonXGP

DaylonXGP

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:38 PM

DOA3??? really? lol..I bought mine because I loved the big controllers.

#11 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

:) Yes... really! DOA3 is AWESOME! :)

I ditched the big controllers; I bought the Small versions, though I guess those are a better size then the other systems smaller ones. Maybe... XBox is for adults and other systems are for children (hand size, controller size) :)

#12 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:05 AM

Thank you for the information, I sure appreciate you taking the time.....
The X-Box would be for a 7 year old so maybe it may be a little too complicated for him although I do have older children as well.

Best to you,

Lady M

#13 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:59 AM

X-Box or PS2 are good bets as always Lady M. Personal preference when it comes down to it.

#14 Jazzy Bond

Jazzy Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:42 PM

Lady M if you are looking for a console for a seven year old try the Nintendo Gamecube! You know guys Nintendo the ones who started all of this stuff?? No online play but i doubt your 7 yr old is looking at going online to play! But gamecube has the best graphics of all the consoles and has many child friendly titles. Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario etc etc. plus all of the cool games like EON, Splinter cell, XIII and Resident Evil. Give it a try plus it is the least expensive of the three consoles if you are looking at saving a buck or two!!

#15 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:45 PM

Lady M if you are looking for a console for a seven year old try the Nintendo Gamecube! You know guys Nintendo the ones who started all of this stuff?? No online play but i doubt your 7 yr old is looking at going online to play! But gamecube has the best graphics of all the consoles and has many child friendly titles. Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario etc etc. plus all of the cool games like EON, Splinter cell, XIII and Resident Evil. Give it a try plus it is the least expensive of the three consoles if you are looking at saving a buck or two!!

Good points. For the youngest players, Gamecube has the most well rounded family based games of the bunch. Far more you'd see than from PS2 or XBox.

#16 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

But gamecube has the best graphics of all the consoles and has many child friendly titles.

This I argue. :) X-Box gets the best graphic title.
Games get more details added just for the X-box.

#17 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:57 PM

But gamecube has the best graphics of all the consoles and has many child friendly titles.

This I argue. :) X-Box gets the best graphic title.
Games get more details added just for the X-box.

Agreed with Athena on this point. Have seen and played all three, and from my judgement and also what I see the most often, XBox does good business for it's graphics.

#18 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:00 PM

I've been told by EA that they go back into games and add extra details. They're doing so for Rogue Agent as well. :)