35 replies to this topic

#1 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 01:38 PM

I think Ben Chaplin may be a good replacement for Brosnan, he looks a bit suave as well.

Also, bring back Blofeld, played by Ben Kingsley (maniac).

Or, have Bond interact with the villain during the film much like in Moonraker (Bond doesn't know the villain is the villain - if you know what I mean). Have the villain as a millionnaire, but plans things from his villa, like Largo.

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 November 2001 - 05:24 AM

Evil Doctor Cheese (06 Nov, 2001 04:39 p.m.):
Also, and I know we aren't speculating about this (and also I want her to stay in the series for a long time) but who sould replace Judi Dench as M? My hope is Albert Finney...

Excellent choice! I hadn't thought about him until now.

#3 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 04:39 PM

For me the next Bond should be Ewan McGregor, Jude Law or Colin Firth (last one is my main hope).

The next villain? Ralph Fiennes. (Although there are rumours that he's to be signed up for Purvis & Wade's Johnny English starring Rowan Atkinson. He's rumoured to be playing a terrorist so he might not want to be type cast. But they're having to re-write the whole thing due to Sept 11th.) I think Ralph would be great... or Alan Rickman.

Also, and I know we aren't speculating about this (and also I want her to stay in the series for a long time) but who sould replace Judi Dench as M? My hope is Albert Finney... I just watched him in Erin Brockovich and he is great (he and Judi should've won academy awards last time but hey! the Americans don't like giving there awards away to us Brits! Shakespeare In Love won in 1998... don't expect and Oscars for the Brits for a good decade. Ridley Scott, I didn't mind losing but Judi was great in chocolat and Finney was fab in Erin Brocovich. Here endeth my rant!)

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 November 2001 - 11:49 PM

Tynan (05 Nov, 2001 11:42 p.m.):
Jim,

Someone told me it was not true, but did you read the article that appeared in a UK newspaper about Bond 20? (I know this is really about Bond 21).

It was all about how Bond was supposed to discover that his dad had not been killed in the climbing accident and that Sean Connery was going to play his Dad.

Also, Nigel Havers was apparently going to play the villain.

I think it would be surprising if Connery had some sort of role in Bond 20.

Oops! Where have I read this word for word before??

#5 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 05 November 2001 - 11:42 PM

Jim,

Someone told me it was not true, but did you read the article that appeared in a UK newspaper about Bond 20? (I know this is really about Bond 21).

It was all about how Bond was supposed to discover that his dad had not been killed in the climbing accident and that Sean Connery was going to play his Dad.

Also, Nigel Havers was apparently going to play the villain.

I think it would be surprising if Connery had some sort of role in Bond 20.

#6 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, but I think Dr Evil has done for Blofeld. And Mr Bigglesworth has done for Blofeld's creamy white pussy (hmm...).

Getting back on theme, why not sign up someone to play a villain for two films? OK, so the audience seeing the first of the films will know he/she won't die, but it gives time to really emphasise the villain's character, rather than (say) the completely blank ciphers we've had recently - Elliot Carver was a good idea, but wildly underwritten. You could also have a cliffhanger ending.

Problem is that to be effective, Brosnan will have to do Bond 21, so I guess EON wouldn't do this if he can't or won't commit to it. Shame.

#7 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 05:33 AM

Aston-Martin (05 Nov, 2001 03:38 a.m.):
Unless Blofeld has a cloning machine, he won't be back.  It seemed that he would die at the end of You Only Live Twice as his volcano exploded.

YOLT, OHMSS, and DAF are rather strange as we don't know how they happened chronologically.  It's entirely possible that DAF happened before OHMSS.

Blofeld blew up the volcano himself, so it was always safe to asume that he got away, plus "Allow me to introduce myself" suggests that YOLT is Bond and Blofelds first meeting.

It is possible that DAF happened before OHMSS and that would make sense, since the neck brace Blofeld obtained in OHMSS is absent in DAF, but present in FYEO (c'mon, it is Blofeld here). The whole Blofeld thing is a bit of the mess and the only real explaination is that the producered dropped the ball on this one.

I guess you gotta stick with the proper order YOLT - OHMSS - DAF, Blofeld not recognising Bond can be explained by Bonds glasses, a Clark Kent/Superman sort of thing. And with Blofeld running from the law, what more natural than for him to change his appearance ala DAF.

A bit off topic, sorry. But for the real truth behind Blofeld go here...
http://hendrix007.co...s/article9.html

#8 Aston-Martin

Aston-Martin

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 03:38 AM

Unless Blofeld has a cloning machine, he won't be back. It seemed that he would die at the end of You Only Live Twice as his volcano exploded.

YOLT, OHMSS, and DAF are rather strange as we don't know how they happened chronologically. It's entirely possible that DAF happened before OHMSS.

By the way, as a Star Wars geek, I'd like to see Mark Hamill provide the voice for a Bond villain in a future film. (yes I think Ewan should stick to SW)

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 04:07 AM

Mister Asterix (04 Nov, 2001 03:45 a.m.):

blofelds_cat (04 Nov, 2001 03:10 a.m.):

Mister Asterix (03 Nov, 2001 06:15 p.m.):
He died in Diamonds Are Forever, forever TWICE. That's my point.

Mr. A, prove that Mr. B dies at the end, and that he was the real one.

That's what I'm saying. We've seen E.S.B. die many times. And it seems to always be one of the Blofeld-clones.

I think the man is still alive.

Sorry, Mr. A. I didn't take into account of what m_balje said. Blofeld is always alive because he always seem to show up again. Like the real pest that he is. :)

#10 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 03:44 AM

blofelds_cat (04 Nov, 2001 03:10 a.m.):

That's what I'm saying. We've seen E.S.B. die many times. And it seems to always be one of the Blofeld-clones.

I think the man is still alive.

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 03:09 AM

#12 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 06:15 PM

M_Balje (03 Nov, 2001 09:40 a.m.):
I don't think that Blofeld returns,he died in For your eyes only,forever...

#13 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 04:58 PM

I hope so! I (we?) miss him terribly, meooow. :)

I doubt we will ever see Blofeld back now that Austin Powers has Dr. Evi for a nemesis...

But it leaves me to wonder, who's been feeding the cat???

#14 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 04:13 PM

White Persian (03 Nov, 2001 12:21 p.m.):
I've just got a hunch that with McClory out of the way, we might see Blofeld again.

I hope so! I (we?) miss him terribly, meooow. :)

#15 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 12:21 PM

scaramanga (03 Nov, 2001 09:10 a.m.):
[Vosloo does seem to think he will be the villain, doesn't he?Anyway, if he is shaven-headed in the film, won't he remind people of Imothep from The Mummy. That's why I don't think (if he is in Bond 20) he'll be shaven-headed.

In "The Mummy", Vosloo was powerful and menacing. I think EON would like to build on that, especially if he is Blofeld (and a return of Bond's greatest foe would be a nice 40th anniversary gift to fans), then a strong and threatening actor would be needed to overcome the "Dr EVIL" factor.
I've just got a hunch that with McClory out of the way, we might see Blofeld again.

#16 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 10:23 AM

Yeah but if Pacino was the villain - you wouldn't notice!

#17 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 09:03 AM

macca_bond (14 Nov, 2001 11:02 a.m.):
I think Ewan McGregor would be great as the next Bond.. but I just can't see him agreeing to it.

Isn't he kinda short for Bond?

#18 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 09:22 PM

James Woods could be pretty evil.

#19 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 08:59 AM

Brosnan's got a better non-Bond career going than Roger managed. My hunch is that when Pierce says "Goodbye, Mr Bond", he'll mean it.
As for Blofeld (and this is really a Bond 20 comment), do the Arnold Vosloo stories - an actor noted for appearing shaven headed -perhaps suggest he might be in line for Blofeld?

#20 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 09:10 AM

White Persian (03 Nov, 2001 08:59 a.m.):
Brosnan's got a better non-Bond career going than Roger managed. My hunch is that when Pierce says "Goodbye, Mr Bond", he'll mean it.
As for Blofeld (and this is really a Bond 20 comment), do the Arnold Vosloo stories - an actor noted for appearing shaven headed -perhaps suggest he might be in line for Blofeld?

Vosloo does seem to think he will be the villain, doesn't he? But I think he looks a bit like Renard. Anyway, if he is shaven-headed in the film, won't he remind people of Imothep from The Mummy. That's why I don't think (if he is in Bond 20) he'll be shaven-headed.

#21 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 08:58 AM

Brosnan's got a better non-Bond career going than Roger managed. My hunch is that when Pierce says "Goodbye, Mr Bobd", he'll mean it.

#22 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 11:02 AM

I think Ewan McGregor would be great as the next Bond.. but I just can't see him agreeing to it.

As for the villain: you need someone eccentric, over-the-top, with great acting ability and who's gonna bring something knew to the villain role. To me that's Al Pacino!!! I'll probably get slagged for saying that - but he's not unacustomed to playing baddies (Scarface, The Godfather, etc..) and I'm sure he'd accept the challenge.

#23 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 09:40 AM

Mister Asterix (31 Oct, 2001 07:20 p.m.):

mkkbb (31 Oct, 2001 01:38 p.m.):

I have always thought the bald guy in the wheelchair who offered Bond a deli was in truth one of the Blofeld look-a-likes from Diamonds Are Forever. So I would say Blofeld is still alive in the movies. However I don't think we will see Blofeld in the EON series again. Unless, Kevin McClory dies and his heirs are smart enough to take what they can by selling the rights to SPECTRE to EON. But I'm betting McClory is such a bastard that he has it in his will that his heirs aren't aloud to sell to EON.

I don't think that Blofeld returns,he died in For your eyes only,forever...

#24 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 09:15 AM

I think that might be interesting...:

German TV stations Sat.1 and Viva report, that Pierce Brosnan is going to play James Bond in Bond 21 and Bond 22. They quotate him with the words: "One guy has to do the job..."

What about this piece? I contacted a friend who works for Sat.1 and asked where they got their information from. But he has holidays at the moment and so he doesn't know. But they usually get their informations from British Yellow Press Agency "W.E.N.N.", he told. But he couldn't give me further informations...

Regards,

#25 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 11:24 PM

freemo (05 Nov, 2001 05:36 a.m.):
It is possible that DAF happened before OHMSS and that would make sense, since the neck brace Blofeld obtained in OHMSS is absent in DAF, but present in FYEO (c'mon, it is Blofeld here). The whole Blofeld thing is a bit of the mess and the only real explaination is that the producered dropped the ball on this one.

I guess you gotta stick with the proper order YOLT - OHMSS - DAF, Blofeld not recognising Bond can be explained by Bonds glasses, a Clark Kent/Superman sort of thing. And with Blofeld running from the law, what more natural than for him to change his appearance ala DAF.

When they did first meet in YOLT, wouldn't Bond have been in his Japanese disguise? Then in OHMSS he's disguised as Hilary Bray and altered his voice a bit so Blofeld never really got to see Bond how he really is.

#26 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 12:32 PM

Blofeld's Cat (07 Nov, 2001 05:25 a.m.):

He's got that stressed out look that I think M needs to keep the character original... if I was the head of Mi6 I would be close toa nervous breakdown!!

Oh and White Persian... loved the "You Only Post Twice" quip! lol! I think we should say that to everyone who accidentally posts more than once!

#27 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 11:08 AM

You Only Post Twice

#28 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 10:54 AM

zencat (01 Nov, 2001 05:33 p.m.):
Yep, in fact if you look back at old fanzines TSWLM was reported to be his "last" Bond film. From that point on, every Moore movie was his "last" -- until Cubby came up with enough cash "to keep him in Bondage."

Didn't Moore also have it written into his contract to be constantly supplied with the best cigars? No wonder they wanted rid of him in the end.

#29 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 05:25 AM

Evil Doctor Cheese (06 Nov, 2001 04:39 p.m.):
Also, and I know we aren't speculating about this (and also I want her to stay in the series for a long time) but who sould replace Judi Dench as M? My hope is Albert Finney...

#30 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 03:16 PM

mkkbb (31 Oct, 2001 01:38 p.m.):

I have always thought the bald guy in the wheelchair who offered Bond a deli was in truth one of the Blofeld look-a-likes from Diamonds Are Forever. So I would say Blofeld is still alive in the movies. However I don't think we will see Blofeld in the EON series again. Unless, Kevin McClory dies and his heirs are smart enough to take what they can by selling the rights to SPECTRE to EON. But I'm betting McClory is such a bastard that he has it in his will that his heirs aren't aloud to sell to EON.