CRLara Bond

9 replies to this topic

#1 Sparx

Sparx

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 08:50 PM

If, maybe, we can discuss the possibilities of a Bond mini series, I think we can discuss the possibility of a James Bond/Lara Croft merge. How would that go? A movie or a TV show? What do u guys think? Would it work? What hurdles would there be to jump? Let me know what u guys think please.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 04:12 AM

It would be nice to see it in comic book form. James Bond comic books never seem to work for some reason. Mind you, I've never been lucky enough to actually see them for sale anywhere! Now we know why they don't sell :)

#3 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 10:23 PM

Hey, at least they both have good taste in cars ;-)

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 11:03 PM

Lara says, "Who are you calling ridiculous?"

#5 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 05:20 PM

I don't think that I like the idea, but a comic book would probably be the best of doing it.

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 30 December 2001 - 02:01 AM

Well hello there, Baby!

Is that a pair of 45s, or are you just happy to see me?

Nice guns, too.

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 09:11 PM

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man...
Freddy vs. Jason...
Alien vs. Predator...

Mixing two franchises is usually a last ditch act of desperation when both franchises are on their death beds, so I don't expect to see a Bond/Lara movie anywhere in the near future. But I'm going to surprise you and say I think there could be a good story between these two...but perhaps a better place to do this would be in a graphic novel which is a great place for these sorts of high concept speculative storylines.

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 05:52 PM

I don't like the idea eiher...:) It would kill both film/series.

#9 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 03:36 AM

Lara and Bond would be a great combination, but don't expect almighty MGM to bring a videogame character into the world of Bond. I was working on a TR/Bond crossover fanfic awhile back that I just might ressurect. It involved Lara Croft's rather destructive methods getting foreign countries pissed at Britain and the government wants Croft imprisoned. But M, an old friend of the Croft family who was fond of Lara when she was younger, sees Croft's talents and gives her a second option: training to become an Agent. Lara is soon given single-0 status and joins Bond on a mission to stop corrupt Russian general from possibly reigniting the icy fire of the Cold War. I even had a Tomb Raider level set going in early stages back before I lost my level editor CD with a crumbling Soviet base set up.

#10 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 10:03 PM

Sweet mother of Jesus ! Do you want to kill me behind my computer ! ! ! ? ? I think it's RIDICULOUS, a Bond/Croft-merge! Although it sounds very funny, I think it's too ridiculous to be true! I.....I.......cannot say more