CRFuture Bond girls

5 replies to this topic

#1 Goldenspy

Goldenspy

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 09:11 PM

Now in the future, who should be a Bond girl?

My first guess was Nicole Kidman, but she had a bad knee during her filming of Moulin Rouge. It could be a possiblity, but I don't think so. If she is picked, she might be too old.

Penelope Cruz? I don't know.

Kristy Gallacher. Should be. British boxer babe.

Kristen Dunst? Nope. Minnie Driver? Possibly. Shannon Elizabeth from American Pie? Coin toss. Elle MacPherson? Don't think so. Estella Warren? Maybe. Kylie Minogue? Only for cameos.

Kate Beckinsale. Very good with Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor. Another great choice.

So who do you think a future Bond girl should be?

#2 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 10:39 PM

You know the "Friends" episode where Ross and Rachel make two lists of celebrities they can sleep with and the other will not blink an eye lid. Kate Beckinsale is right on the top of mine. Harrison Ford is on the top of my girlfriend's list. Personally I would rather sleep with someone and not have to worry if the were going to have a heart attack in the middle of it but hey my girlfirend doesn't think about things like that. I'm sure she has a Star Wars fetish.

And how does this link to James Bond? I don't really know... just making small talk... oh and she considered Pierce Brosnan as number five aswell but decided on Colin Firth (which proves my Colin Firth theory on the "What about Colin Firth?" thread in "Bond and Beyond)

Am just nipping into my garage with a marker pen and poster board to begin making banners for when I mount my "Kate Beckinsale for Bond Girl" campaign.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 11:52 PM

Good lord you and I should get together sometime and perve! She is a fantastic actress, so yes I'd say she'll go for the big old Oscar. I think she's got the talent to get it as well. Of course, Bond could make her a huge name in the States. But I think after being on 2 billion Pearl Harbor posters world wide, well one doesn't exactly need Bond for publicity.

But she is my dream Bond girl.

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 10:25 PM

Also am running the water for cold shower at thought of Kate Beckinsale being a Bond girl. She is gorgeous, intelligent and ENGLISH! (I know I keep banging on about keeping Bond Eniglish on other threads but hey I feel strongly about it).

Sadly I think it won't happen... I think she'll try and win her Oscar first. That seems to be the choice nowadays for young actresses... you either go for an oscar or go for Bond (Catherine Zeta Jones has made her choice and has become on of the most hate people in England for the blaphemous "I'm not being Brosnan's side kick, I'll play Bond... Jane Bond" quote... actually I wonder if she will have time enough to crawl out of her own backside AND get anywhere near an oscar ceramony as something other than Micheal Douglas's wife. I hate Catherine Zeta Jones!!!!!).

Kate Beckinsale is gorgeous!

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 04:39 AM

White Persian (11 Aug, 2001 08:54 a.m.):
Other possibilities include Kate Beckinsale [take a cold shower Blue Eyes]

I'm running the water now :)

#6 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 11 August 2001 - 07:54 AM

It's about time Bond came to Australia. when he does, I'd partner him with Peta Wilson, the beautiful, talented and lethal star of "La Femme Nikita".
Other possibilities include Kate Beckinsale [take a cold shower Blue Eyes], Lexa Doig, and Monica Bellucci [rumoured for the last couple of films].