Gaps between films

5 replies to this topic

#1 decada

decada

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 09:43 PM

I was just wondering why the producers don't just decide to film the next couple of films back to back like the next two Matrix films or the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

I hope they don't but, the producers could hold the role over Pierce's head. Do it or no job. I want to see Pierce in a couple more films, but I just don't want to see him when he's overstayed his welcome.

#2 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 08:27 AM

because each Bond film is unique and not part of a large story like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, it doesn't make a lot of story sense, the reason some films like Rings are done at the same time is because each uses the same locations and cast and it saves time and money when you film two movies worth of scenes at the same location back to back, Bond films made back to back wouldn't save any money in that regard and would just be making two films back to back which is really challenging now, they did one a year for the first four and for Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun and that was a lot of work...

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 12:26 AM

To begin with I didn't like the 3 year gap and all the waiting, but now I'm getting used to it. It gets you all psyched up for he movies release.
I think it would be a bad move to do back-to-backs. See all the confusion we're having at the moment with pictures and news from just one film. Think how it would be with two at the same time; MAYHEM!

#4 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 12:33 AM

decada (02 May, 2002 10:43 p.m.):
I was just wondering why the producers don't just decide to film the next couple of films back to back like the next two Matrix films or the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Maybe they are ;-)
That's why putting all that we know together is so difficult!

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 02:53 AM

White Persian (04 May, 2002 01:33 a.m.):

decada (02 May, 2002 10:43 p.m.):

Maybe they are ;-)
That's why putting all that we know together is so difficult!

Of course...it's a conspiracy. SIS almost figured it out and were about to give a press release, so Eon had to blow a hole in Legoland to give SIS a message!

#6 decada

decada

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 07:06 AM

Well, I was thinking that they could film them back to back, but release them every two years. They could release the official info & pics whenever they wanted to.