Potential Henchman

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zorin

Zorin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 11:33 PM

Now we have all these fourms about "Who would be a good villain" or "Who would be a good Bondgirl" but what I would like to know is, who the hell do you think would a be good Henchman.

I for one would like to have Alexander Godunov play a hencman. The only problem is he's dead. He was amazing in DIe Hard.

Who do you think?

#2 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 01:22 PM

As long as we don't get yet *another* Red Grant clone, like Hans You Only Live Twice, Nekros[L.D.], StamperGoldenEye.

Henchpersons really need to be a bit bizarre, genuinely menacing and have some sort of interesting backstory. Otherwise they end up as anonymous alsorans for Bond to summarily dispose of.

When was the last time we felt that Bond was in as much trouble as when he was at the mercy of Grant on the Orient Express, or when facing Oddjob in Fort Knox?

#3 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 11:38 PM

I would like to see Bond fight it out with a woman again like he did with Bambi and Thumper.

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 12:34 AM

As far as characters go, I'd like to see Horror and Slugsy from The Spy Who Loved Me. I think if they stayed away from motels, Eon wouldn't be violating any rights!

Just no more unmemorable henchmen like Mr Bullion.

#5 Zorin

Zorin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 08:03 PM

I agree Slugsy and Horror should be henchman, they could bring comicr elief. The only problem about them is that they spend more time calling the girl a bimbo then actually being loyal henchman. As long as they change the plot, cause if they don't, it would add up to the most boring bond movie ever.

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 02:27 PM

White Persian (01 May, 2002 02:22 p.m.):
As long as we don't get yet *another* Red Grant clone, like Hans You Only Live Twice, Nekros[L.D.], StamperGoldenEye.

Henchpersons really need to be a bit bizarre, genuinely menacing and have some sort of interesting backstory. Otherwise they end up as anonymous alsorans for Bond to summarily dispose of.

When was the last time we felt that Bond was in as much trouble as when he was at the mercy of Grant on the Orient Express, or when facing Oddjob in Fort Knox?

I have to say, I miss the bizarre hench and am sick of Red-Grantlings, too. Zao sounds like he might be interesting but he doesn't sound like he quite fits the the old mold.

How about Akebono, except not playing a sumo. I'd like to see him in a three-piece suit and a Larry Fine haircut.

(btw Persian, belated welcome to the FDC.)

#7 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 08:39 PM

We have seen Horror and Sluggsy, they just got their names changed to Jaws and Sandor. Okay, they the personalities changed too and Horror/Jaws grew alot.

#8 devilchild

devilchild

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 05:02 AM

Jet Li would be perfect but he is a high profile actor now so he would expect to play the head villian. altho i also like the idea of a no body playing henchman cause the people they gett o play them r usually carahcter actors who r stereotyped as the last role they played

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 10:11 PM

I've also suggested him as the main villain, but as a henchmen he'd have a very Red Grant quality to him.

British actor Vinne Jones. The mans got the perfect looks for a villain and he's got a very natural acting talent. He's proved himself in Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. He also has something else coming out soon (a football movie - he's an ex-football player).

Posted Image