Sir Miles

6 replies to this topic

#1 Simplor

Simplor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 02:54 AM

reading the "Dial M For M" Article, i got an idea.

Since I believe, Sir Miles *Forgot Last Name, Begins With M* retired, he is still alive. perhaps they will get someone to play him, and he would be a villian in a story.

#2 Lonely Gunman

Lonely Gunman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 04:51 PM

I believe the main reason for changing Alecs character to a younger agent and former friend of Bond was to make the script more attractive for John Woo. Two brotherlike friends who become deadly enemies is a favourite subject of Woo.

#3 Simplor

Simplor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 04:10 AM

it'd be kinda pink panther series-ish.

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 07:01 PM

Ethan Hunt (11 Mar, 2002 06:18 p.m.):
John Woo?  He didn't direct Goldeneye!  Martin Campbell did besides, why would they go after an american director?  They avoid doing that!  That is why they have only had British directors, well, to my knowledge at least.

Huh? He didn't say they got Woo to direct, he said they tried to get Woo to direct. And what makes you think Woo is American? He is Chinese, born and raised. Most of his early films were from Hong Kong. And judging by what he's done with his American films (Face/Off, Broken Arrow, M:I-2), he is very highly overrated.

#5 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 06:18 PM

John Woo? He didn't direct Goldeneye! Martin Campbell did besides, why would they go after an american director? They avoid doing that! That is why they have only had British directors, well, to my knowledge at least.

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 03:29 PM

I have heard that one of the early ideas for GoldenEye was that Trevelyan was to have been older and a former double-0 agent who had become M after Sir Miles. He, of course, turns out to be the bad guy.

I actually think that this would have made for a better film. The Sean Bean 006, though brilliantly played, was one of the weakest ideas for a Bond villain. I am always disappointed with the concept of a movie or television show when the villain is mearly an evil version of the hero. It's jusy lazy work by the writers in my opinion.

And having a older Alec would have also changed the relationship between him and Bond to more of a father/son type, rather than brotherly. The betrayal would have been much greater both personnally and professionally.

#7 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 03:01 AM

It would definalty be interesting. Bond up against his old boss, who was almost like a father figure in someways. But I think alot of people (including myself) like the old M too much to see him turn traitor. Perhaps a senario of him being framed might be a better option.

PS1 - Messervy iis the last name of teh M played by Bernard Lee and presumably Robert Brown.

PS2 - Thanks for reading. ;-)