Dr. Who - James Bond

6 replies to this topic

#1 die46

die46

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:35 PM

Given the many numerous comparisons that's been made between the two characters..heck the franchises over the years as a joke I've been thinking of writing a humourous fanfic based on the multi-Doctor stories for Bond. My mate, a huge Bond fan, was watching THE FIVE DOCTORS, at my home lst weekend and joked about how funny it's be if Bond was a timelord and the current incarnation (Brosnan's Bond) met his other 'selves' in a story (Connery, Lazenby,Moore, Dalton), initially I blnched this idea as the difference between The Doctor and Bond is that every Doctor though retaining the trademark eccentricity is markedly different from the other (I mean the 4th Doctor is as different to the 5th, whilst the 6th is as different the the 7th), whilst Bond more or less has always been consistent (womaniser, brutal etc). Upon me saying that I recently watched MOONRAKER and LICENCE TO KILL back to back and agreed with my mate, I mean Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton's interepretations of the character bare almost no resemblance to each other for example.

So any Bond fans here ever wondered if all 'incarnations' of the character in a fantasy scenario met each other would they hit it off or like all the multi-Doctor stories quarrel amongst themselves?

Just a bit of geeky fun!!!

#2 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

I always like that idea of them encountering each other! I'll fancy that idea!

Oh yeah, welcome to CBn, die46! Funny name! :)

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:46 PM

An interesting idea, amusing yes, but one that I would never want to see happen.

Welcome to CBn. :)

#4 die46

die46

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:55 PM

I always like that idea of them encountering each other! I'll fancy that idea!

Oh yeah, welcome to CBn, die46! Funny name! :)

Yeah more as a joky story than anything :) heck I've been trying to come up with Connery's Bond encountering the current M as a scene in the story, should be priceless!!! i'LL POST IT WHEN i'M FINFISHED.

#5 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

Great! I'll be glad to read it! :)

#6 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

Welcome to CBn, die46! :)

I've always felt there were a LOT of similarities between Doctor Who and James Bond. The Dr has regenerations and Bond has "regenerations". The Dr has his companions and Bond has his women. I don't read fan fic, but if there was a Dr Who-ish fan fic out there... now THAT I would read (in fact this is the 1st time I

#7 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

A recent Doctor Who novel set in Hong Kong, 1997 states that most security services have a Time Lord working for them, but at that time MI6's one was on duty in an arms bazaar in Afganistan. Who could that have been referring to....?!