16 replies to this topic

#1 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:23 PM

Okay, first of all, I was going to make this a new poll, but I wasn't allowed to. Some kind of error came up. Can anybody tell me why? Now back to the reason I started this thread. I started writing a new Bond short story, but can't decide on the title I want ot use. The titles of the two short stories that I have written are Life Breaths Coldness and How to Kill a Phoenix. The simple plot of my next short story is Bond is out to stop an alliance of Asian military commanders from turning all of Asia into a single total communist state of the east. Which of the three choices below sound better to you? Thanks.

- Listen to the Thunder
- Endings Start a new Begining
- What Tomorrow will Bring

#2 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:53 PM

The plot sounds very interesting, and as far as the title is concerned out of the choices I prefer Listen To The Thunder as it sounds original and enigmatic.

#3 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:23 PM

"Listen to the Thunder"

Very cool. Very Bond.

Nice idea Gabe.

So...Who's singing the title song? :)

#4 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:02 PM

I took the liberty of adding a poll to this thread for you Gabe. In the future, only staffers can start polls, so if you want one, contact us. :)

I voted for "What Tomorrow Will Bring." As a great man once said, "I like dreaming about the future. It's an uncomplicated illusion."

-- Xenobia

#5 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:54 PM

Thanks alot Xenobia :) :)

As for who would sing the title song...my vote is still Linkin Park, with Godsmack as a back-up.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

My vote is for What Tomorrow will Bring, I like that title. :)

#7 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

Listen to the Thunder and What Tomorrow Will Bring are terrible titles. Check out my profile and included are Bond titles that may inspire you or you can steal one of em if you like.

I do like Endings Start a New Begining. But should it not be: Endings Start New Beginings? Incidently, that title is the only profound title of the three.

#8 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:15 AM

I really couldn't choose out of those three. Keep thinking of other titles, I say, but otherwise go for the majority vote :)

#9 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:18 AM

Maybe write the novel first, then decide the title. That always helps!

#10 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:10 AM

Sorry, I don't like any of those titles. Like 00-Fan008 said, it's always better to come up with a title after you've written the story. Nobody comes up with the title first.

#11 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:21 AM

I came up with a new idea for a fan fiction that I plan to write in the future. I won't write it for a while, but came up with the GREAT story while I was watching... oh I won't tell you because it could ruin the story. It is more of a mystery story, something that most Bond stories lack, and the setup and type of the story is much different then traditional Bond. More Tom Clancy. Here is the synopsis, and tell me what you think:

In St. Petersburg, Russia, Bond and in-place CIA agent Mikhail Ivanovich Yevonchev successfully take down an opium dealer. But both are ordered to stay there afterwards to begin an investigation on a Russian man named Leonid Yuriyevich Strokov. Strokov is a normal civilian with no criminal record. But the Mexican government has for some reason put a warrant out for his arrest. This has risen more then a few eyebrows in intelligence agencies, including Mi6 and the SVR.

And a half a world away, a rogue military general is planning a new revolution in his country. But he cannot accomplish this task without some help. He breaks free a criminal of his own country to help him. Together they have devised a simple plan that would make their country the largest supplier of illegal weapons in the world; and all it would look like is a failed coup d

Edited by Qwerty, 09 February 2005 - 07:27 PM.

#12 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:53 PM

...except my brother! :)

#13 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:56 PM

I see your plot involves Asia, Gabe. Why not find a title with an asian Ring to it, like "Red Sun" or something? That could work!

#14 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

Red Sun Rising would be a good title but Benson already used that as a chapter heading in TMWTRTT.

#15 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:01 AM

Adding mystery element is a great idea! Go for it! :)

#16 bondfan15

bondfan15

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

Very mysterious, Gabe. I love the mystery element... are you planning on this being a short story or a full-length novel?

#17 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:10 AM

I love the sound of this and I say you should go for it. Give it your all and make it something really special.