"Scientists undermine Goldfinger paint killing"

6 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 13 February 2002 - 11:22 PM

Obviously a slow news day, because Ananova reports that German scientists have proved that the scriptwriters who killed off Jill Masterson by covering her completely in gold paint were wrong.

Bond scriptwriters have absolutely no credibility now.

Thank God for that. Here's me thinking there could be a Drax-like space station up there that no one knows of. :)

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 13 February 2002 - 11:32 PM

You mean all these years I've been avoiding completely covering my body in paint for nothing? :)

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 14 February 2002 - 12:50 AM

Mister Asterix (13 Feb, 2002 11:32 p.m.):
You mean all these years I've been avoiding completely covering my body in paint for nothing? :)

Yes, but you still looked perfect in those cabaret shows. :)

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 05:06 PM

The truth is that they've just dicovered (wow, Fleming was right all along once again, lol) that people *do* get a quantity of their oxygen through the skin pores-enough for the epidermus and dermus layers. If a person's skin were to be covered up (painted) they'd die, or at least their skin would die and they would soon after.
I just heard this proof recently, but I hadn't known skin suffocation was a myth before-it all seemed logical to me!

#5 DavidFries

DavidFries

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 04:27 AM

My understanding is that even though the skin suffocation wopn't kill you, you'll still die because as the paint hardens, it inhibits your ability to inhale and exhale. So, gradually you can breathe less and less until you finally die. It would be a very miserable way to die too, because you'd be awake and alert, trying desperately to breathe, and being comletely unable to. Gross.

#6 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 05:43 PM

then i better be carefull about covering myself entirely with gold paint :-D . I can tell it was a slow news day, god. :-D

#7 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 06:07 PM

I heard something like this a couple of years ago and it got me thinking.

We have no idea how long Bond was out cold. Why couldnt Oddjob have killed Jill with a Karate blow then carried the body somewhere else to spray her?
Transporting the body there and back would be more inconspicuous than lugging a compressed air spray gun around a Miami hotel. It would also explain the lack of mess in the suite.