3 replies to this topic

#1 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:47 AM

One for those who have been reading the first two books as well; how does Moonraker develop James Bond / James Bond's world? As far as its contribution to the series goes, what does Moonraker (by way of content) represent?

Can you spot any inconsistencies with the first two books? Are there any continuity horrors?

Or look at it another way: what would the Bond series lack without it?

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:41 AM

Moonraker, I think is one of the very best Bond novels ever to focus almost the entire bit of it on developing characters and the plot. Therefore, I think James Bond is shown off quite well in this novel, his scenes with M and Gala best show off his personailty and how he'll do what needs to be done to get the mission done, at first saying he'll die to save the rest of London from the Moonraker, while Gala is able to suggest another alternative.

If Moonraker wasn't in the series, well I would miss it. I think has alot to offer with a truly down to earth, one location based, and richly developed characterization and plot. It's an important part of the literary legacy.

#3 walther ppk

walther ppk

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:20 AM

I feel that moonraker helps develope the james bond character, it makes him seem human. This is a failing in most of the films as they can't seem to get this right, however moonraker caputures this just right and seems to find the correct balance between super spy and average joe, enabling the reader to relate with the character.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:30 PM

I feel that moonraker helps develope the james bond character, it makes him seem human. This is a failing in most of the films as they can't seem to get this right, however moonraker caputures this just right and seems to find the correct balance between super spy and average joe, enabling the reader to relate with the character.

Exactly! :)

I love the information and how this book, more than certain others concentrates on James Bond alot.