9 replies to this topic

#1 americanbond

americanbond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:18 AM

In TWMTRT, Benson writes of Bond as having a particular liking to Japanese women... I believe even going to the point of saying Bond believes them to be the most beautiful in the world. What do u guys think of this, does him having a specific preference hurt or boost the Bond character? Do u guys AGREE with Bond?

#2 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:20 PM

Goes against what Connery said in '67, which basically said "Japanese girls, just aren't pretty at all". I don't remember this part of the book, but reading it with Strep throat probably doesn't help that.

I prefer American or British (occasionally Canadian) women, but Japanese women are appealing because they are so different than what we usually see on a regular basis.

I don't think it hurts the Bond character. If he can have a favorite car, cigarrette, gun, vodka martini preperation, champagne, or vintage of champagne why can't he have a favorite group of women?

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

Do u guys AGREE with Bond?

Yes.

#4 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:00 PM

Nope... don't agree with Bond on that one......

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:06 PM

Goes against what Connery said in '67, which basically said "Japanese girls, just aren't pretty at all". I don't remember this part of the book, but reading it with Strep throat probably doesn't help that.

I prefer American or British (occasionally Canadian) women, but Japanese women are appealing because they are so different than what we usually see on a regular basis.

I don't think it hurts the Bond character. If he can have a favorite car, cigarrette, gun, vodka martini preperation, champagne, or vintage of champagne why can't he have a favorite group of women?

Agree with Johnboy on this one.

#6 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:13 PM

I agree with John on his last statement ....I like asian women but i dont think they are the best but when a beautiful one come along you know they are beautiful.

#7 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

Some Asian women are alright. But they're not my type of girl I will go out with. But Bond seems have a liking of them.

...though that one Asian actress who played a villian in X-MEN 2 was pretty good. What was her name? I remember she had long nail-like claws

#8 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:29 PM

I find Gong Li very attractive.

4A

#9 Max Zorin

Max Zorin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:58 AM

I think it's a lot like Johnboy said...Asian woman are appealing because it's something we're not used to. They seem more exotic.

#10 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:48 PM

...though that one Asian actress who played a villian in X-MEN 2 was pretty good. What was her name? I remember she had long nail-like claws

That was Kelly Hu, I believe.

I like Asian women and have no problem with Bond liking a certain type of woman (and don't blame him on his choice) ... Zhang Ziyi is obviously a favourite of mine (her eyes are in my signature).