5 replies to this topic

#1 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 12:54 AM

For reasons of not wanting my brain to explode I'll not delve in to the complications of the entire TLD plot, however there are two things I want answered:

1. As I see it: in the PTS, a SMERSH agent kills 004 (?) and 002 is captured by the SAS guard. Bond finds 004's body and persues the SMERSH assassin who has killed two SAS guards (one that paintballs him, and one by the truck full of explosives).

So the SMERSH assassin was waiting on the Rock? I always thought he was diguised as a 00, but then realised Bond was the third 00 agent!

2. When Bond finishes off the guards in the Soviet airbase gaol, he hands the keys to Kamaran Shah (sp?). Then he and Kara escape quite fast with a mobile staircase. But when they run a few yards from the perimetre fence, Shah is already there--and in disguise to boot! How does he manage to escape, round up his Mujaheddin band, and hide in the sand all before Bond and Kara escape?

More to come, I suppose. And if anyone dares, perhaps this thread will lead to figuring out the plot??!??!?! :)

#2 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 01:02 AM

OK, it's been a couple of years since I've seen TLD, but I think you're misremembering things, General. I'm pretty sure that in the precredits sequence we see the assassin observing the three climbers through his binoculars, establishing that he was on the rock before the 00s even made their jump. Also, I'm almost positive that after Bond and Kara escape they first encounter the Mujahadeen, who think they're Soviet soldiers, and Kamran Shah--who isn't in disguise but looking very shabby from his imprisonment--comes up behind them and stops the Mujahadeen from killing them. But, like I sez, it's been a couple of years. . .anyone out there view the film more recently?

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 01:25 AM

I saw TLD about two months ago, and while I can't speak to the assasinations earlier in the film, and I can tell you that Shah comes from around a rock to stop the Mujadeen from killing Bond and Kira. And how did Shah get their first? He probably left right after Bond and Kara did, and he knows the terrain a whole lot better than Bond did. Translation -- Shah took a short cut.

-- Xenobia

#4 MLW

MLW

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 01:38 AM

Shah's men are waiting beyond the fence, just outside of the Russian airbase. Kara and Bond jump (off the mobile staricase) over the fence and Shah's men leap up and ambush them. Shah then jumps over the fence (off the mobile staircase, having followed bond and Kara) and tells his men not to kill Bond and Kara.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 27 May 2002 - 02:17 AM

One can only asume that the rebels were planning to break out Shar and therefore were hiding just outside the perimeter fence.

#6 Sanchez

Sanchez

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 02:26 AM

...and to think I turned down an invite to a cocktail party on "MoonmaidenII"(the yacht that bond parachuted onto in the pre-title sequence of TLD).

I shall ever regret that decision!