This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

James Bond and the Evil Villain's Nuclear War...

3 replies to this topic

#1 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:39 PM

To me, this whole Higson thing with a young James Bond sounds like a ca$h-in on the Harry Pothead novels, and as you can see, I'm not a fan of the books or films. My previous mention of Pothead is not a typo, I can assure you.

I admit, Higson is a funny guy. Just watch The Fast Show. But in terms of Bond, I doubt he'll do anything important.

Firstly, this will be another clone of the Harry Pothead novels. Bond will grow up at Eton, while adventuring and stopping nukes while sipping some ginger beer.

Secondly, this opens the door for a younger audience of Bond fans, who will then rather see adaptations of Young Bond films rather than the adult movies we've grown up with.

Maybe that's Eon's plan: To get hold of a younger Bond actor to play Bond at his teenage years, and after DAD, make films of the Young James Bond novels. Which will suck.

This will be like Agent Cody Banks reheated, Harry Pothead shaken and stirred, and Ian Fleming will no doubt be turning in his grave.

Unless he was cremated.

The Mole's Final Thought: Drugs and Young James Bond books are hazardous to your health. Try eating lasagne instead for a healthy balanced diet.

:)

#2 Max Zorin

Max Zorin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:31 PM

If they really want to just cash in and cheapen the franchise, they should have just added in hardcore nudity. Then we'd all be happy!

:)

#3 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:47 AM

Max Zorin Posted on 15 April 2004 - 16:31

If they really want to just cash in and cheapen the franchise, they should have just added in hardcore nudity. Then we'd all be happy!

Eras Productions Presents Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in...

GOLDFINGERING!

or even worse...

GOLDEN-THIGHS!

or even worse than even worse...

FROM AMSTERDAM WITH PVC!

LOL :)

#4 Max Zorin

Max Zorin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts