9 replies to this topic

#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:34 PM

I took a trip with my family today to Niagara Falls, onto the Canadian side, while eating at the restaurant, I notice in a brochure an MGM exhibit nearby.

Thinking there might be James Bond items for sale in it, we finally found it hidden on the one road and went in.

I've never seen so many Sideshow figures in one room at the same time. :)
The prices on them were a hot $57.50 each. Eeek! Then I noticed they were surrounding the actual Q boat from The World Is Not Enough! I turned around to then see the fantastic icicle dress for Rosamund Pike and the orange bikini worn by Halle Berry.

Needless to say I got a camera and took lots of pictures....and then I wasn't planning on buying anything, but that just never works when you're in a room filled with Bond posters, action figures, martini glasses, DVD's, VHS's and much more. So I did. :)

Needless to say, I had no idea the these props from the films were on display so close to Western New York! '

Note to all: If you can do the drive, I suggest you check out this exhibit, the Q boat arrived two months late I was told, but they will have it for a few more months.

:)

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:41 PM

Someone else posted a thread about this place a couple months ago. It sounds cool.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:42 PM

Yes, I couldn't find that other thread, and I wasn't sure if it was the same exhitbit in Niagara Falls, sorry if it was.

#4 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:00 PM

I was the previous postee, and yes, it is the same place.

I, too, walked out with bag-loads on my visit there. Thank goodness for the tax rebate for tourists.

#5 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:46 PM

Unlike the wax works show for morbid tourists.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:01 PM

Ah yes, TRS, wasn't it such a good exhibit?

All I can say, is that it was a relief to see the price drop down from Canadian to American dollars for the stuff I bought. :) :)

#7 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:50 PM

Yep. The bill looked much more pleasing on the American side. From a talk with the manager when I was there, expect more items later in the year and more props on display. I hope it takes off, that'll give me a reason to return to the Falls. (Although with Toronto only another hour and some away from the Falls, that's all the reason I need.)

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

Indeed trs.

They told me that the Q-boat was long delayed from arriving, but now that they had it, it should be there for a litle while.

I didn't think to ask what specific other props would be arriving and if/when they did.

I'll certainly always check this place out when I visit the Falls.

#9 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:06 PM

Hey Devin,

Do you have an address on the place? I visit Niagra every year when I hit the Stratford Festival, and I wouldn't mind dropping a few more American dollars on our friends to the north.

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:10 PM

Well, it's on Clifton Hills and Falls Avenue, next to the Rainforest Cafe, and somewhat close to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Hope that helps. :)