This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Threatening to leave? Complaining about CBn?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:33 AM

I'm sure a lot of people around here, like me, are fed up with these posts from people threatening to leave CBn because they dislike something here at the site.

From now on...

If someone makes a post threatening to leave the site, because they hate CBn and don't post their actual dislikes in that thread - you'll be banned.

By making a post like that it doesn't help the team understand these dislikes - and whether they can improve the site for the members. These unhelpful posts will be deleted in the future. They are pointless posts. Nobody cares if you want to leave if you're not going to give clear reasons to why you are.

It's not like we don't want to hear about what you don't like - but we want it to be constructive criticism.

Any criticism/suggestions should be posted in the Suggestions forum.

On a further note about threatening to leave, don't post. We don't care. Not everyone else does. We don't want a post with a ton of replies begging you not to leave. It's just plain rubbish and not needed on the forums.

#2 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:32 PM

This is rich coming from some1 who seems to rarely post on here these days. Stop the 'banning' approach - if you ban some, this site will have even fewer posters than before. There are also a lot of people around here that are fed up with members being heavy handed and snaping at the hand that feeds them.

As for us not caring if anyone leaves - recall rayT who left, and the amount of members who did care. As we all now know, this is a lean period until the end of this year when the juice starts flowing in regards to Bond21.

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:51 PM

If someone makes a post threatening to leave the site, because they hate CBn and don't post their actual dislikes in that thread - you'll be banned.

... Nobody cares if you want to leave - especially if you're not going to give clear reasons to why you are.

It's not like we don't want to hear about what you don't like - but we want it to be constructive criticism.

... On a further note about threatening to leave, don't post. We don't care. Not everyone else does. We don't want a post with a ton of replies begging you not to leave. It's just plain rubbish and not needed on the forums.

Absolutely, Dave. Well put. I hope we'll see no more of the recent primadonnaish behaviour and ego-fuelled ranting.

Personally, I come to this site to discuss Bond and related topics, not to have other people's personal, private frustrations inflicted on me. There are plenty of other forums (fora?) for that sort of thing.

And, KC, so what if Dave rarely posts? Perhaps he's too busy making sure CBn exists in the first place.

#4 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:01 PM

Normally Id be against banning people, but this whinging has to stop. Thank you Dave for putting a stop to the pathetic behaviour of some members.

#5 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:06 PM

#6 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

So what if Dave rarely posts? - hardly makes him qualified to rant - like your own rants. Take your own advice and rant elsewhere. Now lets get back to entertaining each other.

#7 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:09 PM

Now lets get back to entertaining each other.

My view exactly, KC.

And I don't know whether you visit many other discussion sites, but CBn staffers are not "heavy handed" (quite the reverse, actually). The people who've caused the recent upsets here would get banned ten times over elsewhere.

#8 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:12 PM

N.B. I have not been concentrating on this site for a few weeks, so these members you seem to be refering to, I am not aware who they are. And no need to list them.

#9 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:15 PM

I do frequent other discussion sites and they are far and away more outrageous than this one. In fact I'd go as far as to say that this site is without a doubt, the most mature, responsible and well behaved.

#10 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:42 PM

This is rich coming from some1 who seems to rarely post on here these days.

Actually,

#11 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:55 PM

Thank you Staff!!! :)

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

I hope this does put an end to the complaints. I hope that this will work well.

:)

#13 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:07 PM

Why were people complaining in the first place?
I never really got that whole thing.

#14 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:10 PM

Why were people complaining in the first place?

Quite. They weren't prepared to "put up", but neither did they "shut up" (God, a day without quoting John Major is like a day without taking a leak).

#15 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:17 PM

Huh? :)
That's confused me even more. What exactly didn't people like?

#16 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:20 PM

Huh? :)
That's confused me even more. What exactly didn't people like?

your not the only one pondering that question.

#17 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:23 PM

I never really got that whole thing.

You and me both.

#18 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:38 PM

I rest my case. As you can see the ranters cannot answer who these members are. Though for my money they seemd to be doing all the ranting round here!

#19 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:45 PM

im happy with the site so i dont see whats the big deal ....maybe its because im fairly new to the site( like i havent been here for a year) but i dont think anything is really wrong. What happend to that warning system we had?? if they want to talk about of crap without making it clear what the are B******* about the warn them.

#20 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

I rest my case. As you can see the ranters cannot answer who these members are. Though for my money they seemd to be doing all the ranting round here!

Well, you did write: "I am not aware who they are. And no need to list them." But since you now seem to be asking (and accusing "ranters" such as myself of spinelessness), I'd say that the people who've been causing trouble of late (this is not a personal attack, since I have nothing against any of them personally - in fact I enjoy their posts immensely when they're not "going off on one") are:

Bondfinesse
Bondian
DLibrasnow

Happy, KC?

#21 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:20 PM

well i knew about Dlib but i didnt know about the other two...why are they complaining?? is it something that the staff did? im like totally lost right now.

#22 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:35 PM

Loomis, u onced accused me of being a 'little stirror' - maybe it takes a stirror to know a stirror.

In any case, I'm in a bitchin' mood all day!

#23 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

This is rich coming from some1 who seems to rarely post on here these days. Stop the 'banning' approach - if you ban some, this site will have even fewer posters than before. There are also a lot of people around here that are fed up with members being heavy handed and snaping at the hand that feeds them.

As for us not caring if anyone leaves - recall rayT who left, and the amount of members who did care. As we all now know, this is a lean period until the end of this year when the juice starts flowing in regards to Bond21.

Well, I have to say that I'm glad your not on the team helping to run things around here.

God knows what state the site would be in with you making decisions like we've made.

#24 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:40 PM

Just a reminder... REMEMBER what Dave said! :)