36 replies to this topic

#31 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 02:52 PM

I currently like where I live, I am close to the big cities: NYC, Philadelphia and Washington DC (all can be done with a daytrip, although DC is an agressive day-trip, more like a stay-over) and am fortunate to have good friends both locally and in the NY, NJ, and Virginia area.

The winters are great for skiing as close to 20 minutes from my home, spring-summer and fall is great for golfing and I have access to all the airports for far-away travels.

I was in CA twice this year, once for Spyfest and the other sightseeing fun (didn't know there was such a LA contingent of 007 at that time) and again over Thanksgiving to San Diego. Both times were excellent and always a reason for a return trip. CA like NY == $$$, especially reading the real estate section of the LA times and seeing the home prices, not even counting the multi-million dollar estates!!!!

For now, with work and life, PA is a great "base of operations" for me.

#32 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:49 PM

I always thought Seattle looks nice, but doesn't it rain a lot there!?

Actually No. That's just what we tell people to keep them from moving there. :)

If anyone here at CBn wants info or are planning to check out the "Emerald City", just shoot me a PM. An old neighborhood friend's Mom still works for the city tourism dept. and can always get me free guides and info.

#33 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:37 PM

I always thought Seattle looks nice, but doesn't it rain a lot there!?

Actually No. That's just what we tell people to keep them from moving there. :)

If anyone here at CBn wants info or are planning to check out the "Emerald City", just shoot me a PM. An old neighborhood friend's Mom still works for the city tourism dept. and can always get me free guides and info.

No, it doesn't always rain here(although it is today). Most of the time during the fall and winter it is overcast. It rains mainly in the late winter early spring season, and it can get hot during the summer. In fact, nearly all of last summer the temp never got lower than 75.

#34 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:20 PM

I have a neighbor who has traveled to all 50 states, I think at least twice each. I remeber her saying that Washington was one of her favorite stops. I don't remember the specifics, but she'd always said she'd like to go there again.

That must have been nice to see them all.

#35 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:25 PM

Jwheels - What part of the city are you in? My parents place (now my bro's) is out in North Beach up from the marina. Just down from Blue Ridge and Olympic Manor.

#36 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

I'm in Marysville, about an hour north of the city. It's north of Lynnwood and Everett, if you know those.

#37 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:13 AM

Better than LA Bryce?