10 replies to this topic

#1 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 March 2002 - 05:39 PM

Whn Bond pulls up his car to the sidewalk to watch Puskin (with those cool glasses binoculars) the Aston MArtin knocks a man on the side of the road almost to the ground. In real life that man would have gotten really p***ed and blown Bond's cover. Look at the scene. Bond may have a licence to kill, but the DMV may want to take away his licence to drive!

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 28 March 2002 - 08:13 PM

Nice one Ry. I've never noticed this one before. I normally do notice things like this. Like just as the scene is about to switch, an unforunate extra is caught on film tripping over a lead or picking their nose.
Another thing a little like this that I've found. In AVTAK, after the assault on Stacey's place and after she smashes her grandfather's urn, they (her and Bond) stand and look at the mess. Moore turns round and walks off to pick up the shotgun-whilst doing this he walks like a monkey. Hunched and arms drooping. Check it out, it's a great laugh!

#3 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 March 2002 - 09:26 PM

Tanger...I will have to see that for myself tonight. Moore looking like a monkey, now that is priceless.

#4 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 March 2002 - 09:55 PM

I've seen Roger's monkey business in AVTAK - its very funny. That's what happens when you do a Bond movie aged 57!!!!!!

#5 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 06:56 PM

Tanger...yup that the scene. He seems to hit some people standing by the sidewalk. Not the nicest thing for a suave agent.

#6 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 11:45 AM

RITZ (28 Mar, 2002 09:55 p.m.):
I've seen Roger's monkey business in AVTAK - its very funny. That's what happens when you do a Bond movie aged 57!!!!!!

To give the guy his due, I believe that is actually because the floor is highly polished wood. They're all skating around on it during the fight. The crew should have given them all rubber soled shoes or made the floor out of something else as it doesn't really help the scene. I'm pretty sure Moore was wearing his leather soled top dollar shoes which wouldn't have combined well with the floor.

Where's Xenobia, she'll no doubt concur?

#7 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 02:51 PM

There was no mention of ashes BC.
Anyway, I watched TLD today and I don't remember seeing the guy get knocked down. Is it in the scene in Tangier, where Pushkin's car goes through those gates and Bond pulls up outside, hitting a group of people on the corner?
That's the only one I could see.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 30 March 2002 - 01:41 PM

Tanger (29 Mar, 2002 02:51 p.m.):
There was no mention of ashes BC.
Anyway, I watched TLD today and I don't remember seeing the guy get knocked down. Is it in the scene in Tangier, where Pushkin's car goes through those gates and Bond pulls up outside, hitting a group of people on the corner?
That's the only one I could see.

Actually Stacey mentions it after Bond made the comment about all the King's horses and all the King's men not been able to put the urn back together.

And, as for the TLD traffic accident, the pedestrian was standing right on the edge of the pavement and Bond's car came too close to the gutter and I think the side mirror nudged him, which gave him a fright so he jumped back.

#9 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 12:14 AM

Alright RITZ your got me. (of course teh Aston Martin is destroyed way before this scene) I had actually commented on this before watching the film. You're right! I'd still like to think that I am a pretty big Bond fan regardless of my mistake.

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 29 March 2002 - 12:33 PM

Tanger (28 Mar, 2002 08:13 p.m.):
In AVTAK, after the assault on Stacey's place and after she smashes her grandfather's urn, they (her and Bond) stand and look at the mess.

Actually, I don't remember see any ashes on ther floor, just broken pieces of urn.

#11 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 07:46 PM

To Ry:
The car that bumps into the pedestrian is NOT an Aston Martin! Its an Audi Estate.

Really gentlemen - you call yourselves Bond fans! Did nobody pick up on this?