3 replies to this topic

#1 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:09 PM

I don't know about describing MI6 headquarters as being "remodeled". In GoldenEye, the filmmakers decided to film the real exterior of the newly completed Secret Intelligence Service heaquarters, designed by architect Terry Farrell, located at 85 Albert Embankment, Vauxhall Cross in London.

Previously, the James Bond literary and film series has used the fictional headquarter's created by Ian Fleming which is described as a ten story building overlooking Regent's Park in London. To my knowledge, the wood paneled office with leather chairs and oil paintings depicting nautical themes is entirely the creation of Ian Fleming.

So the modern decor of M's office, including the Eames lounge chair, is the result of moving into a new building.

#2 Jimbo007

Jimbo007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:58 PM

Thanks Triton for that information. I knew some of that information but I did ponder about the fact that the old headquarters and the new were in two seperate locations. I will start revising that into the story (it wasn't a fully revised if you don't remeber). But overall, did you like what I have done anyone? Your feedback is most appreciated (it may make it better).

#3 Dr Niles Crane

Dr Niles Crane

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:03 AM

I am going to take an educated pot shot and say English might not be your first language, so there is the odd idiomatic clanger here and there, eg the impossibility of having two unique people - reminds me a bit of the ending of Love Actually with Colin Firth - but it was very enjoyable and I am looking forward to more.

Please keep writing.

#4 Jimbo007

Jimbo007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:04 PM

Thank you Dr. Niles Crane! I appreciate your feedback. I am very terrible writing like the English, which is a problem. When I finish the writing, however, I know a few English people who can be at my service so that the characters (specifically Bond) speak proper English and the context is correct.