11 replies to this topic

#1 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:31 PM

Now for a proper announcement for a cover I made not so long ago for Kevin Lynch's (double0kevin) fan-fic, The Fallen Kill.

http://forums.comman...=&postid=189413

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:42 PM

I saw this the other day when I was reading Kevin's fanfic. It's very well done. It's SAS style, the sort you might expect for a Tom Clancy/Andy McNab novel. I love it.
Are there any plans for Kevins fanfic to be published in the Rough With the Smooth. I've recently got really into fanfiction thanks to Jim's Just Another Kill which is absolutely superb. I downloaded all the pieces that were there and intend to read them all. The authors have really excelled and you'd swear that they could be an official writer.

#3 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 12:37 AM

thanx very much tanger, and a big clap to ICE for a really great cover!
i plan on doing a james bond script in 2004. look out for it here, only here!

#4 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:20 AM

It's a different cover indeed, but I think it suits Kevin's story quite well. Tragedy struck during the middle of this one, but I won't go through it.
I'm a little disappointed in the lack of fan-fic being presented here, I'd love to test some of my art abilities by making some fan-fic covers!

#5 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:34 PM

Hi IcePhoenix,

If you fancy flexing your art muscle i've a few titles for bond stories that you could have a go at designing a cover for. I'm a long way (years) off writing a bond novel myself but my notebooks of names, locales, newsitems, titles etc grows daily.
I like the title;

FROM A SCREAM TO A SIGH

I had images of something in the chopping style, but you're the artist.

If you wanna knock something up for that be my guest, equally if you want to use that title for any fanfic of your own, you are equally welcome. By the time i feel able to write a bond novel i'll have a title list as long as my arm. Offer to use that title is open to anyone else in fan fic forum land, though IcePhoenix gets first refusal.

No probs if you don't fancy it, just thought i'd throw it out there.

Hawkeye

Edited by Hawkeye, 13 January 2004 - 10:35 PM.

#6 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:25 PM

Wow, cheers Hawkeye! I feel privliged! :)

Thankyou for the offer, but I'm currently working on a fan-fic that already has a title, and a two title novel would only confuse! :)

I usually only like to do covers for fan-fics in the production or finised stage, but I encourage anyone to seek Hawkeye for some suggestions!

#7 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

No problems.

Offer is open still to anyone who wants that title. Good luck with the fan-fic, will keep my eyes open in the forum.

If anyone wishes to bend my ear over novel titles you're more than welcome. I'd be honoured if someone used one of my titles. I just wish i was a better artist, then i could try out some myself as book jackets. I tried/am trying to do a COLONEL SUN a la Fahey but i'm just not happy with it and keep going back to the drawing board.

I seem to remember a particularly good PAN style cover for Goldfinger that i think you did (lady in gold with a hand coming down on her back). Good stuff.

PS. Could you post THE FALLEN KILL cover again, i couldn't get the link to work.

Cheers,
Hawkeye.

#8 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

here's the fallen kill cover! what did you think of my story hawkeye?

Attached Files

#9 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:52 AM

I'll admit Kevin that i haven't actually read it yet, though it is on my to read list. I've not long finished my first semester at uni so am catching up on some reading. Currently Mr Clinks FDD. I've got all the fanfic that's in pdf downloaded, it's just getting round to reading them, i'm also not a big fan of screen reading, so it always takes me longer to read stuff on the web.

Hawkeye

#10 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 05:19 PM

no prob hawkeye! when you do get time to read it, reply back here with your opinion!

#11 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:19 PM

Will do.

Hawkeye

#12 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant