I saw Rosa Klebb work over Burt Reynolds

2 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:51 AM

Last night on the MGM cable channel I saw the 1977 Burt Reynolds comedy Semi Tough for the first time and was tatally surprised to see Lotte Lenya's name in the opening credits!

She was listed seventh in line so I assumed she would have a fairly sizable part, but she only appeared in one 10 minute scene, which I think was the funniest part of this rather lame comedy. She was a physio therapist working over Burt Reynolds and pretrty much plays it as if Rosa Klebb had survived the knife stab, escaped to the US, and opened a climic to cater to her sadistic way. :)

#2 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 02:13 AM

Well, perhaps she got such a 'kick' out of FRWL she thought that she'd get her 'heel's' in another part. Besides she had no 'soul' in FRWL so she probably wanted to 'step' into her own 'shoe's' again.

It doesn't sound like she was 'instep' in this series but being 7th in the credits must of made her stand on both feet.

What did you expect?, an intelligent answer fron Bondian?. LOL.

Cheers BC,

All the best,

Ian

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:30 AM

And what adds to the surprise is that Lotte Lenya has rarely been seen in a movie and yet she suddenly shows up in a lightweight comedy about American Football.