This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

CBn Mole - THE FINAL

50 replies to this topic

Poll: CBn Mole - THE FINAL

CBn Mole - THE FINAL

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:53 PM

Remaining contestants, past contestants, casual viewers and The Mole.

Above is The Mole Poll, the final chapter in the game. Thanks to Mr. Asterix for putting it up overnight. It can act as something of a 'phone-a-friend' to the remaining contestants, and a chance for those who have watched and for fallen contestants to put in their remaining two cents.

Yet there is also an element of the 'final tribal council' in all this. A chance for the many Mole's of this game to face what they have done. The player who receives the lowest vote (whom the least think is The Mole) will receive a bonus point on their final Mole Quiz which will decide the winner. In the event of a draw this could prove critical.

Of course, as ever, nothing is quite what it seems and there are no rules. Can you get other CBn'ers to vote for the other players? Perhaps some of the mole# alias accounts are still in the possession of remaining players? Like a Presidential election, losing this one may in fact guarantee a win in the end.

This is your chance for you three to do your worst/best - it's what has got you this far.

You have 48 hours till the finale.

Good luck,

mb

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:22 PM

Hmm..

#3 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:12 PM

For all of us who fell by the wayside during the game... for god's sake WHO IS THE MOLE? :)

#4 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 06:04 AM

Moved above ^^^

mb

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:19 AM

Dlibrasnow gets my vote. Some posting patterns I've noted with the mole1-4 accounts, their passwords getting changed and so on.

Trs007 has got a few more votes - but I think given all his exemptions he'd a little too obvious a choice. The mole doesn't actually need exemptions to stay in surely?

#6 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:58 AM

No Blue Eyes but he would need them to be The Mole - if you look back to The Mole's job description it is in large part to stop other's getting exemptions - and thus often getting them for himself.

As for Dlibra at least one of the other contestants knows which account he's in control of methinks.

"Interactive TV, Jack!"

Would like to discourage past contestants from giving their opinions on who The Mole is - for many their elimination has given them a pretty good idea.

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes
Dlibrasnow gets my vote. Some posting patterns I've noted with the mole1-4 accounts, their passwords getting changed and so on.

Trs007 has got a few more votes - but I think given all his exemptions he'd a little too obvious a choice. The mole doesn't actually need exemptions to stay in surely?

Aaaah, but I have also been shooting for that personal avatar for some time too.....long before the mole game offered it as a prize for the winning contestant!

#8 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 04:04 PM

I know who the Mole is.

Get me Nancy Astor on VHS and I will tell you.

Of course, I could be lying, and the real mole put me up to it.

Anyone care to take the risk?

-- Xenobia

#9 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Xenobia
I know who the Mole is.

Get me Nancy Astor on VHS and I will tell you.

Of course, I could be lying, and the real mole put me up to it.

Anyone care to take the risk?

-- Xenobia

Xen if I was the "staff member" and you were the "secret agent" I'd be taking steps to get you suspended :)

And you don't know who it is so stop teasing them :)

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 08:26 PM

I AM THE MOLE. NO REALLY I AM. :) (Yeah right!)

I have been constantly watching this game, and I'm very interested to see how it turns out....the suspense!

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:43 PM

Your in suspense....I have a personalized avatar on the line!

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:49 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
Your in suspense....I have a personalized avatar on the line!

Oh boy. The chance for DLibrasnow to get a personalized avatar? Oh boy....... :) The game nears the end.....

#13 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:05 AM

Sorry Matt...I just had to go there. And for the record Matt, who says the Mole didn't share his or her identity with me?

-- Xenobia

#14 mole2

mole2

Recruit

• Crew
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:25 AM

Yes, who says I didn't.

#15 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:29 AM

The mole could have told me after I got eliminated too, Xen.

But think of this... let's say one of the guys (person #1) not being the mole tells some people on CBn that he is the mole and then those people go and tells the other contestants that he shared mole info with them. And then the other contest not being the mole votes (in those end of the round who is the mole quizes) that person #1 is the mole, when he really isn't... but he wanted the other non-mole person to think he was the mole and thereby eliminating him. :) think about that one :)

#16 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:43 AM

I would like to submit that everyone who hasn't, should vote that Bond111 is the mole. In the last mole thread (week 6), the mole made a reference to "the game is afoot". Now Dlsibrasnow has been around here a long time (based on his post count) and his love of Rathbone's Holmes is not a secret. In fact, I searched for that phrase within the forums and every time, it was back to DL. So, either Bond111 is "setting up" DL using the mole# post to make it look like DL is the mole OR DL slipped and might be the mole. BUT, given DL's desire for the personalized avatar, he would not get one if he were the mole. So, click Bond111 and enjoy the holiday season.

TRS007 = Not the mole, but thanks for the votes. Then again, there are some of you out there who would suggest this post is exactly what the mole would do. It is so mind numbingly back and forth that it makes your head want to explode.

#17 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:55 AM

Originally posted by Xenobia
Sorry Matt...I just had to go there.  And for the record Matt, who says the Mole didn't share his or her identity with me?

-- Xenobia

Damn you denmother, damn you :)

#18 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:55 AM

Originally posted by trs007
I would like to submit that everyone who hasn't, should vote that Bond111 is the mole.  In the last mole thread (week 6), the mole made a reference to "the game is afoot".  Now Dlsibrasnow has been around here a long time (based on his post count) and his love of Rathbone's Holmes is not a secret.  In fact, I searched for that phrase within the forums and every time, it was back to DL.  So, either Bond111 is "setting up" DL using the mole# post to make it look like DL is the mole OR DL slipped and might be the mole.  BUT, given DL's desire for the personalized avatar, he would not get one if he were the mole.  So, click Bond111 and enjoy the holiday season.

OR you could have done the exact thing you accuse me of! :eek::)

TRS007 = Not the mole, but thanks for the votes.   Then again, there are some of you out there who would suggest this post is exactly what the mole would do.  It is so mind numbingly back and forth that it makes your head want to explode.

Of course it's your word against mine, but your record isn't exactly clean in this game. In the second challenge it was speculated that you tried to trick the other contestants by making it look like you had given the password. Coincidence? Maybe.

Challenge four was very interesting as it appears you sabotaged everybody. Or maybe it wasn't you at all?

Of course then we come down to the same old debate about whether I AM the mole just trying to sway other's opinions.

#19 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:01 AM

Why not just admit you were all in the wrong and hug?

#20 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:21 AM

Hey, that is correct. I do sign a lot of my messages "The game's afoot"....seems someone has been deliberately trying to point the finger of suspicion right at me!!! :mad:

However, I would point that person to the other well known fact about me - I am on a crusade to get my own personalized avatar!!

#21 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:28 AM

However, I would point that person to the other well known fact about me - I am on a crusade to get my own personalized avatar!!

OR maybe that's just a convenient alibi to make you look innocent. :)

Okay I'll shut up for now.

#22 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 04:59 AM

Originally posted by Athena007

But think of this...  

... that person #1 is the mole, when he really isn't... but he wanted the other non-mole person to think he was the mole and thereby eliminating him. :) think about that one :)

Dear dear it must have been your femme fatale alias that kept you alive so long in this game if that ^^^ has only just occurred to you.

#23 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:06 AM

Originally posted by mattbowyer
Dear dear it must have been your femme fatale alias that kept you alive so long in this game if that ^^^ has only just occurred to you.

No, it occurred to be previously... I just decided to voice it now :) hee hee, I worked that angle myself :) ...though I'm not sure I want to come clean about everything I was up to during the game.

#24 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:10 AM

But think of this... let's say one of the guys (person #1) not being the mole tells some people on CBn that he is the mole and then those people go and tells the other contestants that he shared mole info with them. And then the other contest not being the mole votes (in those end of the round who is the mole quizes) that person #1 is the mole, when he really isn't... but he wanted the other non-mole person to think he was the mole and thereby eliminating him. :) think about that one :)

Huh....okay, my mind hurts!!

#25 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:11 AM

Huh....okay, my mind hurts!!

Sometimes I think I got eliminated cause I was thinking too much... LOL!!! :)

#26 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:15 AM

Sometimes I think I got eliminated cause I was thinking too much... LOL!!! :)

Ha Ha! LOL. I believe that was the case for one of the contestants on the TV show of 'The Mole.' (I caught a few episodes here and there.) He was trying to make clues where there weren't any clues! :)

#27 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:24 AM

Originally posted by Qwerty
Ha Ha! LOL. I believe that was the case for one of the contestants on the TV show of 'The Mole.' (I caught a few episodes here and there.) He was trying to make clues where there weren't any clues! :)

DamN, I bet my socks I was totally doing that.

Hey Matt? When's the end of this mole round going to be anyways?

#28 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:09 AM

Challenge/Poll ends and Quiz goes out in 24 hours Athena.

Then we wait...

#29 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:33 PM

Good luck Guy's.

I look forward to seeing the winner's personal avatar.

Merry Christmas to you MATT and all the Moler's,

All the best,

Cheers,

Ian

#30 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:14 AM

The final challenge has closed, thanks to all of those who voted. Looking at the results and who voted there has certainly been some mechanations beneath the surface - and who could expect anything less from our final three.

Dlibrasnow received the least number of votes, with Trs007 the favourite as The Mole, whilst the mysterious Bond111 came in the middle. Dlibrasnow receives an extra point in the final Mole Quiz.

That quiz will be published at Midnight (Australian time) which is five hours from now...

Steel yourselves.