3 replies to this topic

#1 bondood007

bondood007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 10:19 PM

Hi.

Sean Connery is my favourite James Bond. All the other Bonds are great too, but for me it is Sean that is the top guy.

What would a Bond film be like today if Connery was in it? Except if it were Connery when he was young.

Thanks.

#2 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:31 PM

well I think Sean was the best too but he was great because the time period...he's not a contemporary type of Bond. He treats women in a way that's no longer acceptable today...so a lot of his appeal would be hamstrung, like Brosnan, the non smoking Bond with female equals at his side. Yawn.

#3 bondood007

bondood007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 12:45 AM

Hi Tarl_Cabot,

Yes Connery wouldn't just plug-in to a Brosnan Bond film with out changing it some but today's films have alot of the bad boy heroes. Like XXX and the Fast and the Furious and even T3 and Wolverine in X-Men. So I think a less nice Bond would still work. The scripts would just need to change some to fit Connery.

Thanks.

#4 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:23 AM

Originally posted by bondood007
Hi Tarl_Cabot,

Yes Connery wouldn't just plug-in to a Brosnan Bond film with out changing it some but today's films have alot of the bad boy heroes. Like XXX and the Fast and the Furious and even T3 and Wolverine in X-Men. So I think a less nice Bond would still work. The scripts would just need to change some to fit Connery.

Thanks.

.....except Connery wouldn't be able to say "This is man talk" anymore...lol:p