This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

FRWL - Is Bond, James Bond a tidy person?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:17 AM

Hello and welcome to another annoying and time consuming twaddle about Bond, James Bond.

In From Russia With Love, the scene when Bond hear's someone in his room (Tatiana Romanova) he takes off his shirt and launch's it.

Do you think that our James just disposes of his shirt's, leaves them for the cleaning lady or uses it the next day?.

This is quite a serious question because I do this as well, but I get a swift kid in the 'bikini line' if I don't clear them off the floor.

Please answer as best you can or seek advice from your Psychiatrist.

All the best,

Cheers,

Ian

#2 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:21 AM

My first reaction to this post would be...

"What the ****?"

But then I remembered that Bond likes green figs, yogurt, and coffee-very black---so you might be onto something here.

#3 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:24 AM

Can I do both? :)

Seriously, I think he probably is, at least Connery's depiction.

#4 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:26 AM

He-he,

Thank's for your posts's chap's. Just thought I would start another 'Bond Observation' Thread.

Cheers,

Ian

#5 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:48 AM

i dont think he is tidy but i dont think he is messy either...kinda middle of the road on that one

#6 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:01 AM

when he's about to get some unexpected company, the shirt can wait, no?

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:37 AM

He also leaves the taps running in that film, so I wouldn't wrack my brain about his tidyness.

But in my general opinion, considering he has Sea Island cotton pants, Bond does not mess about with clothing. Thus, he would not be the sort to toss shirts (probably bespoke) on the floor of a Turkish hotel.

#8 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:59 AM

I think that James Bond threw the shirt on the floor because it probably would have later been placed in the laundry bag. I seriously doubt that Bond would wear a shirt for more than a day.

Bond also doesn't strike me as the fellow who collects his dirty laundry and waits to get home to wash it. He's on an expense account, so he probably has the hotel laundry wash and press his shirts.

#9 Blox

Blox

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Bondian
In From Russia With Love, the scene when Bond hear's someone in his room (Tatiana Romanova)  he takes off his shirt and launch's it.  Do you think that our James just disposes of his shirt's, leaves them for the cleaning lady or uses it the next day?.Ian

...This was Young's Bond, presented and promoted as "gentleman agent. Accordingly he certainly would have put on a fresh shirt and sent the soiled ones for laundering. Bond is not prissy about the whole business, tidying and folding like Felix Unger. He kicks off the back of his shoes (though they show up as three-ties in the St Sophia mosque closeup), tosses his shirt almost with disdain. His slacks get a little more care...

#10 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:31 PM

So you're saying he definitely didn't sniff the pit the next day to determine if it was a keeper...

#11 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:31 PM

Let's remember, Bond's had a long day plus. He's just returned from a night at the Gypsy camp and participated in the assassination of Krilencu. Ditching the clothes, ordering breakfast and hitting the shower would sure sound good to me.

I'm a tidy chap at home (when you live alone, there's no one to blame the mess on) but when I travel, I take advantage of leaving the clean up to housekeeping and the valet.