38 replies to this topic

#1 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 03:56 PM

Been catching up on some of the recent threads around here - particularly those involving ray t - and really think something has to be done. To get to a point where people are leaving makes me feel most uncomfortable.

Hence the CBn relationship counseling service. Someone (*stares at Xen*) to help sort things out when things go awry. It's happened to me and others - silly things get said, problems erupt and being an online community nobody backs down until Blue Eyes lays the smackdown and closes the thread (sealing it off for future generations so savour).

It doesn't have to be this way people, this isn't CBn Survivor - we don't want to lose our comrades due to infighting. I'd point a lot toward the more senior members and administrators of the site who often inflame things even further. Their attempts at 'conflict resolution' are clearly lacking and if anyone can think of a better way to stop an exodus I'd love to hear it.

You know when we have new members, arriving with a flurry of complaints about how awful their former forums were - I'd hate for that to become us.

#2 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 04:04 PM

Hey, only the strong survive! :) Some people get their knickers in a twist over trivial things...If they wanna defect then let them.This is a great site and it would be very dull if we all agreed with eachother and refused to engage in debate....Ray T didn't have to leave just because he and another CBNer didn't see eye to eye on something and had a little skirmish...oh well...This is the most polite site I've ever been to so I don't think you can compare it to places like AICN, which is like the wild wild west by comparison. CBN rocks, as is. :cool:

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:20 PM

Trust me Matt....counseling does go on, but behind closed doors, as all good counseling should.

Never fear....when one is lost, two find us.

-- Xenobia

#4 Jaelle

Jaelle

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:49 PM

Hey wait, did Ray T leave while I was away? Damn, this upsets me! He and I argued a lot but I really liked his presence on the board. He made for great conversation! Is there anyway I can contact him? I'd love to just send him a short "come back, will miss you" message.

#5 Moore Not Less

Moore Not Less

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:22 PM

Originally posted by mattbowyer
It doesn't have to be this way people, this isn't CBn Survivor - we don't want to lose our comrades due to infighting. I'd point a lot toward the more senior members and administrators of the site who often inflame things even further. Their attempts at 'conflict resolution' are clearly lacking and if anyone can think of a better way to stop an exodus I'd love to hear it.

It is the responsibility of the members to prevent infighting amongst themselves. It is the responsibility of the administrators to step in at the first sign of provocation and warn those members involved that action will be taken if they don't stop immediately.

If there are only the occasional departures due to tantrums it's unfortunate but not serious. If the trickle becomes a flood then a lot of members and administrators will have to take a good look at themselves and ask what can I do to stop this before CBn gets a bad reputation.

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Xenobia
Trust me Matt....counseling does go on, but behind closed doors, as all good counseling should.

Never fear....when one is lost, two find us.

-- Xenobia

I can vouch for that. I saw recently how great the CBN staff are through a wonderful gesture of support and sympathy recently.

#7 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:05 PM

Maybe Ray T is on another site Jaelle. His loss. I liked him for the conflicting point of views too. I don't dislike people here because of their personal tastes...however unrefined! :)

#8 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:33 PM

Same here, my only objection was one or two comments I felt were offensive. Past that, I honestly found him to be a very entertaining, if not always tactful chap. :)

#9 Derringer

Derringer

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:49 PM

#10 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:41 PM

Us staffies are always here for any members that have issues or complaints, but maybe we need to make that more obvious? Like Xen has mentioned, we do offer some kind of service; our presence on the board.

Though occasionally, I admit I can be tactless when riled, I do try my best to resolve any issues that arise, but a lot of the time (because we're not dealing with 'real' interactions) people can either be inflatedly stubborn or insulting, knowing that there are no 'real' repercussions that will result from the argument.

#11 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:48 PM

Hi,

Although I only chatted with Ray t briefly I think I new his character and I believe he WILL come back to CBN, but with a different codename.

He may even be with us now.

Cheers,

Ian

#12 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:50 PM

Well, I had a big crush on Xenobia a while back, but I got over it without any counseling. It was tough, but I got over it...must've been the distance thing....she lives 82 states away!

#13 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:08 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know a good treatment for 'piles'?. j/k. Also does anyone know how to make your Fiancee younger but without an operation?.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Ian

#14 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:12 AM

Have piles? Get an extra strong cork. Make your fiance younger? Lots of sex will make her feel younger...

#15 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:15 AM

Problems with piles. eh? Yeah, Gomer and Denver can be a real pain in the backside. :) As for the fiancee, just do as Chandler says.

#16 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:23 AM

LOL,

The good thing is Carol does look younger every day, but then hair dye can do wonder's.

I discovered I had piles when we where in Samos in June this year. The Pharmacist gave me a 2" cream that I had to insert up there. Also my friend ( Gordon ) has a blemish on his fore-skin and had to ask for cream as well. You can imagine the embarassment asking for this.

Ok, I only added this in to annoy Jim because I know he doesn't like to discuss anthing else except Bond. But isn't this under 'general discussion's'?.

All the best,

Cheers,

Ian

#17 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:30 AM

Does anyone want to hear about my colonoscopy? Only no-one I know will listen :)

#18 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:30 AM

Oh, so THAT'S the definition of "Too much information!", Bondian. :)

#19 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:32 AM

Hi Brix,

'Cause we would be intersted Matey. Besides we'll find out if there's any Doctor's out there. LOL.

Cheers,

Ian

#20 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:34 AM

Hi Genre,

Well I was tring to that to the bottom of thing's. Ha-ha.

When someone ask's me for a cigarette and say's "have you got enough"?, I alway's say "yes, I have piles"!.

Ok, let's move on to the Thread subject......

Cheers,

Ian

#21 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:35 AM

I don't actually remember a lot from it. One f the side effects of the drug they gave me was amnaesia so there isn't a lot I can talk about.

The most embarrassing part was going back for the results and having to shake the doctor's hand.

#22 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:59 AM

LOL

#23 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:49 AM

I see the emotional counseling has ended up as doctor's waiting room chat!

Your right Xen, I'm glad stuff goes on behind the scenes. A large part of the problem in such incidents is people don't try and resolve their own differences but try and gain 'sides' through posts in the public forums - so good to hear.

#24 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 04:16 AM

OH GEEZ MATT!

Here I went and I bought a settee for people to lie down on, and got one of those nice desk waterfalls to relax people...and now you want to go back behind the scenes???

What's a girl to do?

:)

-- Xenobia

#25 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 04:40 AM

Then there's the CBn drama that no one can/should know about. The behind the scene's stuff. *gasp!* hand count... raise your hands if you've had some of this!? *raises hand*

So... anyone need some counseling, just come to me. I've been know to give stellar advice. Whether or not I can handle my own need for counseling, that's another story. But I can dish it out. :)

#26 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:16 AM

I won't post anything having to do with religion again. Not a good CBN topic! :eek: That was a mistake...live and learn. :) :)

#27 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Brix_Bond_007
Does anyone want to hear about my colonoscopy? Only no-one I know will listen :)

Brix! DUDE! I had a colonoscopy too! Was drugged, but still remember a few things... I won't put you guys through all of it, but let's say it was interesting to see myself from a 'whole different perspective'... :eek:

#28 Matt O'S oo4

Matt O'S oo4

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:37 AM

Oh, my lady Joyce.

I do worry about you.

But I know you are made of srout stuff.

Your amazing!

#29 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:59 AM

Moderators Notice: I've edited a few of your posts recently Matt, please check both your language and what you have to say - several recent comments have not been appreciated.

Yes I think it's resulted in enough 'counseling' in the past...

#30 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:23 AM

Originally posted by JoyceCarrington

Brix! DUDE! I had a colonoscopy too! Was drugged, but still remember a few things... I won't put you guys through all of it, but let's say it was interesting to see myself from a 'whole different perspective'... :eek:

The mental image created here....I now need counselling.

How ironic.

Reply to this topic