47 replies to this topic

#1 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:07 PM

They're dropping like flies, who will be next? After losing Bondian the game is now down to five contestants and The Mole. Bond111, Brendan007, Dlibrasnow, Tanger, Trs007 and Athena007.

Who will be next? Who is The Mole? And who will be gone by the end of this thread.

#2 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:04 PM

This week finds the contestants in Chinese whispers jeopardy as they experience the complications of an Mi6 communications engineer. They are divided into the following teams :

Athena007 and Trs007

Brendan007 and Tanger

Dlibrasnow and Bond111

Please read very carefully, this is the most complex challenge yet.

Each team will be sent a James Bond related term - perhaps a film or an actor. The team will then devise and agree upon a question, ala jeopardy, the answer to which is the term they have been sent. For instance if they were sent "Goldfinger" their question could be "What is the third James Bond film?"

The team will then PM their question to me which will be divided by me into two halves (for the example above it would become a. "What is the third James Bond ____?" and b. "film") with each part sent to one half of a second team. These two will then bring their halves together to read the question, figure out the answer, devise another but different question and PM it back to me. To continue the example this could now be "What Bond film was released in 1964?"

This will again be broken into two parts (ie a. "What Bond film was released in ____?" and "1964") and sent to the respective members of a third team. This team will then have to figure out the answer and send this back to me. If I receive the correct answer from the third team, the first will gain an EXEMPTION. For those confused the example of a 'perfect' chain is below :

mattbowyer to Athena007/Trs007 (TEAM ONE) >>> GOLDFINGER
Athena007/Trs007 to mattbowyer >>> What is the third James Bond film?

mattbowyer to Brendan007 >>> What is the third James Bond ____?
mattbowyer to Tanger >>> film
Tanger/Brendan007 (TEAM TWO) to mattbowyer >>> What Bond film was released in 1964?

mattbowyer to Dlibrasnow >>> What Bond film was release in ____?
mattbowyer to Tanger >>> 1964
Dlibrasnow/Tanger (TEAM THREE) to mattbowyer >>> GOLDFINGER

This successful chain of communication would lead to Athena007 and Trs007 (TEAM ONE) both receiving exemptions. In simplest terms if the word I send to the first team is the same I receive from the third, then the first will gain exemption. Each team will take its turn as a step in the chain and will soon receive their first word. Advice would be to ensure the questions you create are as simple as possible to minimise the chance of slip ups. You will not know the order of whom your messages will be forwarded to until the conclusion of the challenge, when all shall be revealed.

The Mole wishes to break the line in each of the three communications, or ensure they all succeed. If all teams fail then exemptions are of course minimised, if all teams succeed then the exemptions cancel eachother out and everybody will be up for elimination.

A warning to one of you. You are on a team with The Mole. If the other teams gain exemptions and you do not then you and The Mole will be up for elimination. The Mole cannot be eliminated, thus you will be.

This is the toughest challenge yet. The master strategist will succeed if he remembers one rule : there are no rules.

mb

#3 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 08:46 AM

Hey Matt... what's going on with this? I know we're all still playing. It's been a little dead as of late. Are we waiting on someone?

#4 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, what are we waiting for, dont we usually have out elimination questions by now?

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 07:39 PM

You guys beat me to it. I was curious as to why there was no activity as of late. Say, you don't think that the Mole has eliminated Matt?

#6 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:45 AM

No such luck Tanger, however this week The Mole is coming from Australia's Gold Coast while Mr. Bowyer is on holiday. Still, we press on.

CHALLENGE FOUR NOW CLOSED

#7 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:58 AM

This was a long, long challenge requiring a lot of communication between players and may require a lot more to figure out exactly how it all went so wrong for the majority.

Chain One
DLibrasnow and Bond111 were sent the keyword : HENDERSON

Their question "Bond used a walking stick to identify this man?" was sent to TRS007 and Athena007 who made another question - "He put his money where his mouth is?"

This was then sent to Brendan007 and Tanger who did not answer the question.

DLibrasnow and Bond111 do not receive exemption.

Chain Two
Brendan007 and Tanger were sent the keyword : THUNDERBALL

Their question "What was the title of Sean Connery's fourth film?" was sent to Dlibrasnow and Bond111 who made another question - "Which film appeared 19 years later with a Flying Saucer?".

This was sent to TRS007 and Athena007 who did not answer the question.

Brendan007 and Tanger do not receive exemption.

Chain Three
Athena007 and TRS007 were sent the keyword : LEITER

Their question "What is the last name of Felix, who disageed with something that ate him?" was sent to Tanger and Brendan 007 who resent the same question "What is the last name of Felix, who disageed with something that ate him?"

This was sent to Dlibrasnow and Bond111 who sent back the answer : LEITER.

Athena007 and TRS007 receive exemption.

#8 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:02 AM

The remaining players will now answer The Mole quiz. One player out of Bond111, Brendan007, Dlibrasnow and Tanger will be going home based on this quiz. TRS007 makes it through with his third exemption in a row.

The Mole is satisfied with this challenge, do you know who he or she is?

Question One.
Did The Mole gain exemption?
a. Yes
b. No

Question Two.
Did The Mole change another teams' question?
a. Yes
b. No

Question Three.
Did The Mole fail to respond to another teams' question?
a. Yes
b. No

Question Four.
What rank does The Mole hold with CBN?
a. Agent
b. Secret Agent
c. 00-Agent

Question Five.
Who is The Mole?
a. Bond111
b. Brendan007
c. Athena007
d. Dlibrasnow
e. Tanger
f. TRS007

Best of luck to all of you, PM me your answers within 24 hours.

mb

#9 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:39 AM

Exemptions are great

#10 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:08 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Athena007
Exemptions are great

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:15 AM

TRS007 and Athena --- what are you guys playing at??? Your clue points to Zukovsky (spelling), and there was no point in either GoldenEye or The World is not Enough where Bond used a walking stick to identify him.

On the other hand Henderson was identified by Bond through the use of a walking stick....

TRS007 and Athena --- what are you guys playing at?

#12 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:18 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Athena007
Exemptions are great

#13 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:20 AM

I was given the question, This man used a walking stick as a gun, from Athena. The rest carried on thru the chain.

#14 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:42 AM

Don't put this on me, guys. TRS007 says I gave this question: "This man used a walking stick as a gun." *shakes head* no no no, he's not what he seems.

#15 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:42 AM

Originally posted by trs007
I was given the question, This man used a walking stick as  a gun, from Athena.  The rest carried on thru the chain.

I'm well aware of Zukovsky's walking stick gun, but at what point does Bond identify him with it?

Anyway I'm not too steamed, after all this is only a game, but I am disappointed that once again I am up for an elimination.

#16 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:27 AM

Athena or TRS -- why did you change the question???

#17 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:15 AM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
Athena or TRS -- why did you change the question???

DLSnow... check your PM box.

#18 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:27 AM

I may have missed the point of this challenge, but answering the question given to you seemed to do nothing to help yourself, it only gave exemption to someone else. So what was the point?

#19 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:32 AM

Originally posted by brendan007
I may have missed the point of this challenge, but answering the question given to you seemed to do nothing to help yourself, it only gave exemption to someone else. So what was the point?

Plot Twists, my dear. *shrug*

#20 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:53 AM

Originally posted by Athena007
Don't put this on me, guys. TRS007 says I gave this question: "This man used a walking stick as a gun." *shakes head* no no no, he's not what he seems.

Now, now. . . I had walking stick as my part and was given, This man uses a _______________as a gun. ALthough the plot my thicken and some players seem to feel the need to PM answers, the simple fact is trust. And you can't spell TRuSt without TRS.:)

#21 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 12:40 PM

You can't spell TRuSt without TRS.:)

Hmmmmm.

#22 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:24 PM

More damming evidence of the exemption-loss:

Here is a cut and paste from Athena from my private mailbox. If there is another way to directly quote a PM to the public forums, let me know:

Athena007 wrote on 18-11-2003 03:45 PM:
here's the thng...
team one made this question, they want an exemption...
we (team 2) have to write a question so that...
team 3 will answer right so that team on gets exemptions.

Question is... do we want team one to get an exemption, becasue if they do then that will be bad for us becasue there will be less people to be eliminated... so... do you give team 3 an easy question so that they get it and team one gets exemptions or do we screw up the question so that team three will possible not get the answer and team one doesn't get exemptions? We eather think of a hard question or we could compleaty screw up the question... think about it. Let me know.

Remember, as Matt said, there are no rules.

-Athena-

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE JURY: I direct your attention to the above comment "or do we directly screw up the question?" Which is precisely what happened. I think the Thunderdome incident from last week is causing some doubts on my veracity, however, that is exactly the sort of ploy the mole would do? Now I am not suggesting Athena007 is the mole, but she has yet to be eliminated (as have others) and seemed to enjoy the fact that the others will have to fight it out, thus casuing even more disharmony in our happy little group. That's all I can offer for week 4, save any rebuttals from other posts on this thread. Looking forward to week five.

#23 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:44 PM

Is that how we're playing TRS007 :)

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE JURY: I direct your attention to this little piece of "evidence" that was send before the above statment, therefore nullifying the above becasue from the following you'd already changed the question... (from my PM box, I will forward the PM to anyone who wants to see it as evidence)...

Athena007 wrote on 18-11-2003 02:19 AM:
Matt send me this half of the question...
"Bond used a _________ to identify which man?"
What word do you have? Any ideas what the answer is? Any idea how to phrase the NEW question to get the answer?

trs007 wrote on 18-11-2003 09:45 AM:
My word was limp. The answer being Zukovsky from Goldeneye. A new question could be: Who is the man who was swimming in caviar? What does thou think?

Then I came back with what TRS007 posted above (yes I know bad, but there has to be some slight of hand somewhere to stay in the game). (BUT as you can see above he already changed the question.) To which he replyed...

trs007 wrote on 18-11-2003 12:55 PM:
Now I thought that if all teams completed successfuly then the exemptions negate each other and we're all on the block. I'm all for only us getting exemptions.

But... as far as being the MOLE look at the above from TRS007...

My part from Matt was: "Bond used a _________ to identify which man?"
TRS007 told me that Matt gave him the word: "Limp"
Now that can not be, becasue in Matt's post above the proper words TRS should have been sent from Matt were "walking stick".

Hum... THIS is interesting... yes... WHO exactly IS the MOLE... someone is NOT who they seem. I can't tell you how to make your choice becasue words are just words, but think about the past legs of the game... Who do you trust?

#24 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:59 PM

Yes, a very tangled web indeed. PM's available for all who want to see, posted quotes AND only Athena007 and myself with exemptions. The plot thickens even more.

Nonetheless, as I've said before, you can't spell TRuSt without TRS!!!!!

Athena must either be up very early or staying up very late to defend herself considering the time differences and all. Another piece of the puzzle???

#25 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:08 PM

Nonetheless, as I've said before, you can't spell TRuSt without TRS!!!!!

OR... that's just what he wants you to think. This

#26 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:09 PM

LMAO!:)

#27 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:17 PM

I am here to amuse you...

My work here is done... Goodnight/morning folks! :)

#28 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:18 PM

*trs007 raises a glass to Athena*

"To one exemptee from the other, sleep well."

#29 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:20 PM

I just want to know which party - TRS or Athena changed the question, but I am guessing we will never know since it is a he-said, she-said exchange!

#30 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:26 PM

UNLESS: Athena is really a man, baby! OR trs007, a babe, or any combination of the two, then it would be a he-said he said or a she-said she said merry mix-up.

Yep, totally off topic and probably can cancel receiving a few Christmas cards after this week, but still, you have to laugh.:)