This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Pre-Title Teaser Sequences - what you want!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 12:49 AM

Hi guys! I'd just like to find out what you guys would like in the way of the Pre-Titles Teaser Sequence in Bond 20! TWINE had a fairly long one that was related to the story. I can see the same thing happening in Bond 20. So please, let's discuss this one! Perhaps some of the more Bond-intelligent users could suggest some scenes from past scripts that never quite made it!

Cheers, Blue Eyes

#2 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 07:33 PM

Teaser Sequence treatment:

High shot of London at night, zoom down to black-clad figure jumping over various rooftops.

Meeting room. M in discussion various admirals generals etc. Moneypenny there too.

Back to figure clambering over a few mroe roofs. The figure is being tracked by another man in black.

More discussions with M. "We have to find him."

First figure stops on a roof overlooking MI6 building and starts assembling mini-rifle. Pursuer watches.

Meeting: "Why hasn't 007 found him yet"

Figure aims rifle at window. Through site aiming directly at M's head.

More meeting. "007 reported a lead 24 hrs ago, nothing more"

Pusuer aims pistol at sniper.

M's head still dead centre of the sights.

Pursuer goes to fire. Assassin swirls and kills pursuer with one shot. Aims back at M. Takes out M and Moneypenny.

ANother figure appears on the roof. "Congratulations, killing M and 007 in the same night" Pulls off hood of 007 to reveal...

...a blonde woman. "His successor's career tragically cut short. I think you have passed the test. Welcome to SPECTRE Mr..."

The figure pulls off his hood: "Bond. James Bond"

MAIN TITLES

#3 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 April 2001 - 06:10 PM

Blue Eyes (21 Apr, 2001 01:18 a.m.):
wow that's a little um.... evil?

I know.....

mwhahahahahahah!!!!!!

#4 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 April 2001 - 07:05 AM

"R" (20 Apr, 2001 08:33 p.m.):
Teaser Sequence treatment:
...a blonde woman. "His successor's career tragically cut short. I think you have passed the test. Welcome to SPECTRE Mr..."

The figure pulls off his hood: "Bond. James Bond"

MAIN TITLES

I like it !. Kind of reminds me of the opening to FRWL. There's a dropped sequence from an early draft of LIVE AND LET DIE that could be married up to your scenario.

There was supposed to be a teaser scene with 007 lurking in a garden and he ends up fighting someone. They end up struggling on top of the garden wall and the assailant topples over.....it turns out to be a rooftop garden....on a tall building !! and the assailant plunges to his death !!. Yep, your scenario could work well with this little gem.

Mister 'R', why don't you check out my scenarios in the fan fiction section and tell me what you think. I certainly like the way you think. If you have any action ideas for my stories please leave a message.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 April 2001 - 12:18 AM

wow that's a little um.... evil?

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 03:33 AM

Hi guys :)

I'd love to see a major Q-Gadget in the next teaser sequence. Much like we saw the Q-Boat. Perhaps we could see Little Nellie II. Sort of a mix between the AcroStar and Little Nellie?

Aside from that I wouldn't mind seeing something humorous. Think of the start to Moonraker. M and Moneypenny's little quip sort of thing. Something where Bond is put in danger but isn't actually looking for it.

Who knows, I'm probably not making any sense anyway ;p

#7 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 06:29 PM

In terms of using previously scripted scenes that never quite made it, Moonraker had a sequence involving the use of the Acrostar from Octopussy flying around the falls near Drax's aztec lair. I think that would have been superb although it never made it. I'd like something similar to that only not using The Acrostar. Maybe a return for 'Little Nellie'!

#8 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 04:52 PM

I thought that the pre-credits sequence for TWINE was excellent (maybe a bit too long, but still excellent). That's the kind of pre-credits sequence that I love.

Other good ones - Goldeneye, Licence To Kill, Octopussy, You Only Live Twice, etc.

I prefer that the pre-credits sequence is related to the story in some way, and, of course, action packed!